5.1

thank you cstwys and sincerelymalum for the amazing book covers! I love the 4 of them and since it's only one book I'm changing it with time!

*Luke's P.O.V*

"Remember, if you need anything, I'm only one call away" I hug Laurel tight, and I feel her nodding.

"I love you. Thanks for being understanding" She tells me, letting go. I force a smile and help her carry the bag to the cab. I kiss her lips once again and close the car door for her.

"I love you, too. Have fun in San Francisco!"

"I will. Call you when I get there!" She waves at me and I wave back, watching the car vanish down my street. Instantly I turn back and run back home to take my phone and make a call.

"Jeff? I just bought your ticket." I tell my bodyguard.

"Sir, I don't think I understand what you want me to do in San Francisco." Jeff says, confused.

I shake my head.

"Laurel has never been there and I want you to look after her, but she must not know it."

"So basically... I'm stalking her?"

"If you want to put it that way, yeah. She's going to think I don't trust her if she sees you, and when I told her I would come along she tried avoiding it at all costs. Laurel is hiding something, find out what it is. She's staying at Le Meridien, I helped her book yesterday. I booked you a room as well, away from hers so she doesn't see you."

"Mr. Hemmings, I really don't know why--"

"Jeff, just, do me this little favor, okay? Please, I've got a bad feeling, and I trust you. Whatever she does, where she goes, I want you to tell me everything. I promise that when you get back we're going to that Lakers game you wanted to go, what do you say?"

Jeff sighs.

"You're the boss, sir."

I smile, relieved.

"Thanks man."

I hang up and take a shower, trying to calm down. Nothing is going to happen Luke, chill. Your girlfriend is just visiting her ex's sister when she should be with you at Calum's birthday. That's okay.

I take a deep breath and call my friend.

"Eeey, happy birthday Cal pal!" I greet him. "I'm gonna show up later with lots of beer!"

"Thanks, man! And yeah, please do it" He chuckles. "I'm not throwing a paaarty party, just a few people. Is Laurel coming?"

"Um, not really... She apologized but she needed to go to San Francisco with a friend. It was an emergency." I explain. "However, she said she's gonna call you."

"I'll be waiting! At least you're coming, then. See you!"

"See ya, bro" I turn off my phone, heading to Amanda's. She texted me saying I should stop by, and there I go.

I park in front of her house and ring the bell. A couple minutes later she opens, with a bright smile on her face. I roll my eyes, coming inside.

"You better have interesting news about H" I say.

"Actually, I--"

"Hello, Luke" A familiar voice calls me. I turn back to face the red haired woman.

"Speaking of the devil" I laugh, sarcastically.

"You should be politer, since I'm helping you."