6.3

listen to this, the song is mentioned on the chapter and it's hella good

*Laurel's P.O.V*
Luke and I take my parents to the airport. The three weeks they spent with me were definitely the best in a couple months; I miss them like hell.

"Please text me when you two land" I ask, hugging both of them tight. "I love you"

"We love you too, little princess" Mom smiles gloomily.

"Please don't forget your old man" Dad chuckles, touching the tip of my nose like he used to do when I was a kid. "I want to hear from you every one in a while. And you too, Luke"

Dad takes a step away from me and turns to Luke. Luke thinks dad is going to shake his hand; he doesn't know him quite well yet. Dad pulls him in for a hug and he looks surprised at me. I giggle.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, son" Dad tells Luke, who smiles.

"The pleasure was all mine, sir, believe me."

"We'd like to chat with you often as well, Luke" Mother adds. "You're part of the family now"

Hearing my mom say that is just so good, even though I'm still a little upset for that Luke said that day... never mind.

After my parents vanish into the airport, Luke helps me walk towards the car. On our way home I turn on the radio and a pretty old song starts playing.

"I love this song so much" I comment.

"Hey There Delilah?" Luke asks without taking his eyes off the road.

"Yeah... just pay attention: a thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way..."

I sigh; it hits me right in the feels every goddamn time I listen to it.

"It's such a beautiful song. I like it, too" He responds, humming.

When we get to the house again the moon is on the sky, it's almost dark.

"Pizza?" I ask Luke, taking my phone as we get inside. "We can order pepperoni."

"Fine by me" Luke smiles.

The pizza soon arrives and we eat in silence. The past weeks with Luke have been a little weird; he barely talks. Maybe it's because he thinks I'm still mad... oh well.

I toss the box on the trash can and sit on the porch, watching the moon.

I've always done this; whenever I was sad I would stare at the moon like it had some happiness potion it could pour over me. Not that I'm sad now though, I'm just wandering. I think about my accident, waking up at the hospital and seeing Luke's face. I don't even know how he got there. I know him and Austin don't get along but they seem to swallow their pride and breathe the same air for me. I also know that Austin needs to know when to stop trying over and over again and that he always crosses the lines, but he's a good friend. At least I think so.

And then I think about my parents. Mom and dad are my life, and they seemed to like Luke very much. Mom had only complimentary things to say; dad is a little more reserved but he also did tell me good things. Truth be told, Luke is wonderful. I don't even question my reasons of falling for him, considering the amazing human being he is. He was rude, granted, but is this really a thing worth getting upset for? It was an isolated case, it's not happening again.

"What are you doing here?" Luke asks behind me, moving towards the porch.

"Nothing," I look over my shoulder. He's bringing his guitar. "I'm just breathing this night air. It's refreshing."

"Agreed" Luke sits next to me. "Hey, listen"

Luke positions his guitar and starts playing.

"Hey there, Delilah, don't you worry about the distance, I'm right there if you get lonely, give this song another listen. Close your eyes, listen to my voice, that's my disguise; I'm by your side. Oh, it's what you do to me, oh, it's what you do to me..." He sings, glancing at me sometimes.

A smile is forming on my face and I'm  sure it's not going away.

"Our friends would all make fun of us, and we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way. Oh Laurel, I can promise you that by the time when we get through the world will never ever be the same, and you're to blame" Luke changes the lyrics of the song, smiling at me. I chuckle, admiring as he perfectly blesses my ears with his perfect singing. 

"Hey there Delilah, you be good and don't you miss me; two more years and you'll be done with school and I'll be making history like I do... you know it's all because of you"

"I really am!" I comment and Luke laughs in the middle of the song, which makes it even more special.

"We can do whatever we want to... Oh, hey there Laurel, here's to you, this one's for you..."

By the time Luke finishes the song he doesn't look directly at me, but I'm so emotional I can't handle myself. My hands wrap around his neck and I kiss his cheek multiple times.

"I love you" I whisper.

Luke smiles, holding my hands.

"You know, today when your dad hugged me at the airport... remember when we met? You did the same thing" He chuckles at the memory, playing with my fingers. "I had never felt so much affection in someone I just met before. Now I know where you got it from."

"I'm glad you think so" I hug him, pressing my cheek on his chest. "My dad is a great man."

"He most definitely is" Luke agrees. "And your mom is a great woman, like you. I'm sorry that I made you think otherwise."

"I'm sorry I insisted on going out when you didn't want to"

Luke kisses the top of my head.

"You're my Delilah." He whispers down at me. "And I'll always do what it takes to protect you, even when you don't want me to. Do you understand this?"

I look up at him, he's serious.

"Yes"

"Good. Now, another song?"

----------
Yay, the second update!! Tell me what you think!

Can you guys even imagine Luke singing Hey There Delilah? The song is perfect and with Luke's voice it would be this perfect okay

Stay tuned for the next update! Love you all, thanks for reading! Stay beautiful 💗 xo