3.3

*Laurel's P.O.V*

An annoying buzzy sound wakes me up. I groan, trying to identify its source. Groping on bed, I intend on finding mine or Luke's phone in the middle of the messy sheets, being as silent as possible to not wake him up. At last I'm able to reach the small buzzing object. I'm getting a call from Austin.

"Hello?" I whisper.

"Hi, Rel! I miss you!" Austin answers back. "How's everything in Australia?"

"Hi, there. It's all good, but it's like, six in the morning."

"Oops, my bad. Time zone is a bitch, here it's 2:00pm." He chuckles. "Why are you whispering? Are you... sharing your room with someone?"

"Um..." I stare at Luke, still asleep. Carefully I crawl out of bed and stand up, heading to the bathroom. "How's everything going there? How are you?"

We talk for a couple minutes. I wash my face, brush my teeth and gather my hair in a bun after hanging up. When I open the bathroom door, Luke is sitting on the bed, staring at me.

"Who the hell was that?" He inquires.

"Austin" I shrug, walking towards him and kissing his forehead.

"Doesn't the guy know about time zone?" He mocks.

"He probably doesn't know the difference. I don't blame him though. I'm sorry that he woke you up, you can go back to sleep."

Luke rolls his eyes, visibly annoyed.

"I don't like him."

"I know, you've made that clear."

We both sigh and I smile, sitting on his lap.

"Today is your aunt's big day. You need a tuxedo."

"I don't do tuxedo." He cocks his eyebrows.

I giggle.

"I don't care. It's a wedding, you'd like to wear one."

Luke refuses to sleep again if I'm not going to, so we both head downstairs. Liz and Andrew haven't left their room yet, so Luke and I go to the kitchen.

I sit by the counter as Luke carefully gets a toaster, a skillet and a box of cereal. He gets other ingredients I'm not sure about and start cooking, silently.

"Today you're gonna have the typical Australian breakfast" He tells me.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I ask, standing up while I watch.

He shakes his head, commanding me to sit down again.

"You're no Australian. And besides, you're my special guest."

I end up agreeing, it's not like I can cook well. Maybe Luke can teach me someday.

As he cooks we talk about his family, the trip, the wedding and Finding Nemo.

As you might have noticed, I can't help associating Sydney to it.

Luke turns off the stove and serves what I now find out to be porridge. He pours it inside two bowls.

"Enjoy." He winks at me and we start eating.

Divine. His porridge tastes divine.

"Wow, chef Hemmings" I wipe my mouth. "I bet you're better than Jamie Oliver"

Luke chuckles at thank me, finishing his bowl. Even though I'm full, he stands up and make us some toasts.

"Now, I want you to taste this" He says while bringing me a toast and a small bottle.

"Oh," I raise my eyebrows. "vegemite. Really? I've heard some bizarre stuff about its taste."

"Relax, you just spread it on a small part of your toast." He laughs. "If you like it, spread more; if you don't, more for me."

I stick my tongue at him and hesitantly get a knife and dig it into the bottle. It looks like Nutella. I spread it on my toast and take a bite of it.

Ew.

My face twists in disgust and I find it hard to swallow. Luke laughs and pour me some milk to help.

"That stays out of my menu." I point at the bottle.

"You're not cool enough for vegemite" He jokes.

After we finish our breakfast I toss the dishes inside the dishwasher and we go upstairs to brush our teeth. I take the red dress I'm going to wear later out of the bag and stretch it on the bed.

When Andrew and Liz wake up, Luke tells them there's porridge and asks me if I don't want to walk around the neighborhood with him.

"It's pretty quiet here" I say as we casually walk on the street.

He guides me to a small park, with benches and lots of trees. There's also a monument, God knows whose.

"I used to come here a lot when I was, like, 15" He tells me with a nostalgic look. "Whether I felt sad or really happy, being here was some sort of comfort. I was able to figure out what was going through my head."

He sits on one of the benches and gently runs his hand on it.

"I used to bring my guitar and play here, sitting right where I am now. Writing songs and all" He beams to himself, remembering.

"This place must be full of good memories and stories." A smile crosses my face. "Why don't we create our own as well?"

"What do you mean?" He looks up at me. I giggle and grab his hand.

"You'll see."

I slowly take him to one of the trees and start searching for a small pointy rock on the ground. Once I find it I clumsily notch the letters of my name in the trunk. I hand him the rock when I'm done.

"What are we, 12?" He scoffs and I roll my eyes.

"Just do it."

He sighs and notches the letters to his name as well. We step away to take a look.

"There." I smile proudly to myself, but Luke shakes his head.

"Something is missing."

He walks forward again and carefully notches a heart around our names.

"Now that's something" He grins and I blush, feeling my heart pounding and the need to kiss him growing stronger and stronger.

Our eyes meet and his smile fades away. I look down his lips, mesmerized. Luke comes closer and cups my face, slowly leaning down and touching my lips with his soft ones. I close my eyes and lightly pull his hair, bringing him closer to me. He pulls away, smiling tenderly and out of breath.

"Laurel, I need to tell you something." He looks deep into my eyes and my legs shake.

That's it. He's gonna say he's in love with me.

"I..."

"You what?" I insist, my gaze locked on his.

"Maybe it's too soon but I just wanted to tell you--"

His phone rings and he sighs, frustrated.

"Hey mom. Yeah, we're coming back. Thanks for warning." He hangs up and steps away from me. "Mom wants to go earlier to the wedding. We need to get ready."

"Okay." I shrug. Deep inside though, it feels like all my hopes have been crushed.

-----------
Just a filler. Vote and share if you like it, and don't forget to comment as well.

We were ranked #167 and this is amazeballs skfkdkfdjskfkd thank you so so much I love you for that!

Stay beautiful and wait for the next update! 💗 xo

PS: is it me or Ashton looks a lot like Evan Peters?