5.9

a/n: And now we are ranked #29! I'm sorry that I'm always talking about the ranking but it's because you are all a part of it! So thank you, with all my heart! 💚

*Laurel's P.O.V*
6 days later...

I wake up when the nurse comes to check in my bandage. According to her, my healing is better than she expected and I'm probably leaving the hospital at anytime this week.

Austin comes to see me every day. He sometimes brings flowers, which honestly creeps me out. I mean, I know he's just trying to be nice, but really?

He's doing more than my actual boyfriend, though.

Don't get me wrong, I love Luke and I love the fact he's always engaged to his career; I see the passion in his eyes every time he talks about his fans, or music, or whatever that has to do with 5 Seconds Of Summer.

Nevertheless, I can't help feeling extremely put aside lately; right when I thought things would get better. Christ, Luke used to give me more attention when I was across the country! And I'm in the hospital, just a tiny detail.

Granted, he might not be here but he calls at least three times a day to check on me, but even so...

"Good morning, Rel" Austin chuckles, bringing me a latte from Starbucks. "How was the night?"

"It was okay, dr. Williams came by and said things are going as they should. I'm happy that I'll be able to be back at work soon. I'm feeling useless" I joke.

"Don't" He beams. "I'm sure they are taking care of everything while you are here. Face it as forced vacations."

"That's not my ideal vacationing, though" I laugh.

"Laurel, I'm worried that I might need to go to Charlotte before your boyfriend comes back, which means you need someone to be with you. Can you call a relative, or something like that?"

"I did it already. They arrive in three days. When are you leaving?"

"In two. Do you think you can handle a day on your own?"

I nod, firmly.

"I've lived a year completely alone now. One single day more makes no difference at all."

During Austin's final two days, he stays at the hospital with me whenever he's not at the company which he'll be working to soon. He supports me while I limp around the aisles, always willing to help. Austin might be lots of things, but I can't complain about the way he treats me; he really is a gentleman.

On his last day, Austin brings me two bouquets a box of chocolates.

"Since I won't be here, at least you have flowers enough until whomever you call gets here."

During my day alone, I watch three movies and make friends with one of the nurses, Wynona. She tells me she's got a 9 year-old son who's too much of a troublemaker.