8.6

check the author's note at the end of the chapter! Oh and I haven't reread this so if there's any mistakes ignore it, I'm just gonna correct later!

6 months later...
*Luke's P.O.V*

"Guys, don't forget we need to set the clothing for MTV Music Awards at 6:30" Ashton reminds us as we leave the studio. Michael puffs, shaking his head.

"This is stupid, I never like any of those things they tell me to wear"

"Me neither" I admit.

Calum grins.

"At least we're paid to wear stuff so it's all good. I can buy new dogs."

"You're seriously sick, man"

I press the home button of my phone to check the time.

"Crap, it's 4:30 already" I raise my eyebrows. "I need to be at the airport in half an hour. Ugh, I'm all sweaty, I can't even take a shower"

"Don't worry about it, dude, it's good that she sees you at your best and worst" Ashton chuckles. "Anyhow, see you guys at 8 then? The Nice Guy?"

"Yeah. I'm going now"

I drive straight to the airport, excited for 30 minutes from now. Since Jeff took a break - a fortnight break - I ask Dave to wait for me there, just so my manager doesn't kill me for "going out alone". Yeah, I guess I'll be 8 forever in their heads; some things you just cannot change.

I park my car and hop out, adjusting the sunglasses. I'm not stupid to think there are no paparazzi around, but as long as they stay away I don't give a single fuck about them.

I expected to meet some fans at the lobby, but that doesn't disturb me at all: I love talking to them, taking pictures and autographing. There was a point in my career, though, in which I found it extremely annoying, maybe I was a little blinded by fame, but I guess it happens to us all. The good news is that these past 2 years have been essentials to get me back to a lot of what I used to be, so now, how could I ever turn my back on a fan when I met an incredible one that turned my world upside down?

I get a coffee, stomping while time seems to drag itself. I check the arrivals board looking for a certain American Airlines flight, and a smile crosses my face when I spot the word "Landed" right next to it. The wait is painful until the first passenger finally steps outside the door with his bags. After him a dozen more, but none of them is who I'm waiting for.

She's one of the last passengers to leave the luggage belt, clumsily walking towards her door, a bag on her back and another one being pulled. Her wavy dirty blonde hair - now a little shorter, since she recently got a new haircut - gently cascades over her shoulders. She's wearing glasses, somehow a miracle, a casual baseball tee, jeans and her old black Chuck Taylors. There's a book in her hands. She doesn't see me at first, while I'm admiring her. Looking from side to side, her eyes take some time to lay on me, but when they do she cracks that bright smile of hers and I walk towards her, with an equally big one spread on my face.

"Hi there" Laurel hugs me tight, kissing my cheek. "I'm so glad you came on time!"

"I told you I would." I smile confidently at her, taking her suitcase. "How are you?"

"I'm good, I guess." Dave greets her and she smiles at him, probably a little awkward due to their last encounter in LA. "They offered apple juice, instantly thought of you!"

I chuckle.

"I can't decide whether that's a good thing or a bad one"

"Depends on your point of view" She shrugs. "But that juice tastes awful"