4.2

important author's note in the end of the chapter!!

*Luke's P.O.V*

"Do you know what would be the coolest thing ever?" Laurel asks as we are walking on the streets of Quirindi on our last day in here.

"What?"

"If we had matching bracelets! I mean, we've got the shirts..." She gathers a piece of my shirt with hers. "and we would have the bracelets too! We just need to find something we both like other than bands, please"

I laugh, taking a look at her wrists, always full of different kinds of bracelets. It kind of reminds me of my own when I was about 18, only that I had way fewer of those.

"Okay, so what do you suggest?"

"Uh, I don't know... what's your favorite movie?"

"Mean Girls... or Anchorman. I can't exactly decide."

Laurel quizzically glances at me and I nudge her.

"Okay... this is harder than I thought." She frowns.

We stop by an ice creamery.

"What's your favorite flavor?" I ask her.

"Cookies n cream" She smiles. "What's yours?"

"Same" I kiss her forehead and she giggles as she orders.

"Luke, I was supposed to ask you a long time ago" She begins. "Remember Harbour Bridge? I called you Luke Skywalker and stuff... do you like Star Wars?"

"Yeah, I do" I smile. "Why?"

"Because I'm fucking obsessed, that's why!" She raises her eyebrows. "Since I was 15!"

"And I'm guessing you'd be Princess Leia, then?" I scoff and she punches my arm.

"Nope, I'm not very fond of Leia. Chewie is my thing!"

"Well, Leia makes out with Luke a couple times..." I joke.

"Yeah, and then they end up finding out they're twins!"

"Alright. But I'm Luke Skywalker... cause my name is Luke"

"Oh, what a simple guy you are!" She mocks, pecking my lips. "You should be Han, then I could be Leia."

"Is that so?"

Laurel nods.

"There's this part on the movie which Leia says 'I love you' to Han and he responds 'I know'... which is kinda what you do, actually" She blushes.

And I hold my breath.

"I never said that" I furrow my eyebrows, stopping in the sidewalk.

"Yes, you stay quiet as if you didn't hear me; some people would say it's even worse" She chuckles.

I stare at her and she's got a weird smile on her face. It's not a fake one but seems hopeless.

I don't know what to respond, I really don't. It's true, I never really said 'I love you' back but the first time she's ever said it was, like, two days ago.

"It's okay, Luke" She continues. "It's not like I find this incredibly heartbreaking or something. Let's just keep on walking"

And so we do, not saying a word.

Back at the hotel Laurel's phone rings. She frowns as the number is not on her contact list.

"Who's that?" I ask, laying in bed preparing to FaceTime Calum. I miss the dude.