1.9

Make sure to read the author's note in the end of the chapter!

*Laurel's P.O.V*

It's been two weeks since I talked to the guys about my possible break. They insisted I should visit them in LA and I was truly looking forward to it; couldn't wait to get the chance to see them all again, especially Luke.

And the day finally comes.

Before I board to the city of dreams, I make a promise to myself. Since the day Austin opened up about his feelings for me I've been extremely confused, whether I should stick with Austin and ignore everything I feel for Luke, or go with my gut and dive inside the whole madness that I know it would be if I chose Luke over Austin.

Of course that, while I say this, I'm hoping that Luke would actually want me. But truth be told: it's not like he seems as interested as Austin.

Either way, my promise is: I'm going to enjoy as much as I can while I am with both of them. I'm not Austin's girlfriend, nor Luke's personal hobby, but I am most definitely going to take all the good things I'm able to when I accompany them. During the past two weeks Austin made me realize I will always have someone to trust, and even though I've kept some distance to respect his feelings and mine as well, I've never felt this happy around him. Now it's time to see how being with Luke for a week makes me feel after all I've been through with Austin.

They make the last call for my flight and I shake my head, shooing the thoughts. Within six hours I'm landing at the LAX and waiting for me there's nothing more nothing less than Jeff, the Wardrobe. He's holding a small white board with my name on it and when I come closer one corner of his mouth curves into a tiny smile.

"Good afternoon, miss. I was told to pick you up, not sure if you remember me." He greets as he grabs my suitcase.

"Yes, I do remember you." I smile. "Hi, Jeff. I didn't know you lived here in LA."

"I didn't use to. I was hired by 5 Seconds of Summer when they were in Charlotte. Apparently they were so satisfied with my job that they asked me to be one of their personal bodyguards, and here I am."

"That is so nice! I'm happy for you."

We get to a black car and he sets my suitcase inside the trunk before hopping inside on the driver's seat, and for the first time I get to personally see Los Angeles. What a blessed place, may I add! It's beautiful, lights everywhere, buildings, there's so much traffic but scratch that; the view from inside the car is amazing!

I can't wait for San Francisco.

Jeff drives me to a fancy neighborhood; only the finest houses I've ever seen through the whole place. He turns left twice and then goes straight down the street to finally turn right and park in front of this beautiful house. Its gates are black but the construction is white. On the front there are perfectly pruned trees and the grass is the greenest. I'm not so sure about the rest of the house yet, but for what I can see right now I know it's the fanciest house - oops, mansion - I've ever been to.

"Do you need any help with carrying your luggage?" Jeff asks me when we are already out of the car. When I'm about to answer the gate makes a sound and opens. Luke is walking towards us with a big smile on his face.

"Don't worry, Jeff. I can help her out." He says. "Thanks for picking her up for me."

"My pleasure, mr. Hemmings." Jeff smiles and gets inside the car. When he's gone I glance at Luke and he does the same. So I push forward and jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. Luke hesitates at first but then holds me tight.