6.9

Solo book won, solo book it is! Thank you for being a part of the choice, I was very happy to see that a lot of you commented what you think!

Two Worlds - Part Two

*Laurel's P.O.V*
After buying a last minute flight ticket back to San Francisco, I allow myself to silently cry inside the plane. I watch as Los Angeles gets smaller and smaller until it vanishes under me, and with it, my relationship and the person I love.

Breaking up with Luke was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, but it wasn't working anymore. We'd fight all the time for everything, not to mention that the last time I saw him was when he came to look after me because of the accident, which was about three months ago.

Besides, the things he said on Ellen, did he seriously need to do that? Why the hell humiliating me? Why, after I told him it was okay and that he didn't need to "protect" me, he'd just go on with the madness? I didn't sign up for being totally denied and unloved.

My heart aches and misses him already. I miss his touch, his kisses, his sweet smile, his voice. Memories of our months together run over and over my head, and I realize how much both of us have changed in the process. I'm not the same Laurel, he's not the same Luke.

When I think about it, though, my crying gets so much louder that some passengers stare curiously at me.

Getting back in San Francisco I take a cab back to my apartment. It's 1am, and when I unlock the door I catch sight of a passed out Riley, drooling on top of a book, her glasses wrongly bent on her face. I walk on my tiptoes and go to my room, closing the door and throwing myself on the bed. I curl in a ball.

And I cry. I cry, I cry and cry so much until my head is aching more than it's ever had and I can't breathe. My phone is buzzing all the time, I know it's him. I turn it off before I could even consider picking up, tossing it inside my nightstand drawer. I don't know when exactly I fall asleep, but I wake up in the morning feeling sore, in the same position I remember myself when I was awake. I hear the sound of pans collapsing to the ground and Riley cursing:

"Fuck, I'm a disaster"

I don't want to stand up, I really don't. I feel like staying in bed for the rest of my life.

And then I remember yesterday.

I start crying again.

Riley probably heard my whimpers because in less than two minutes she's already opening my door.

"Hi... I saw that you came home at night." She sits on my bed. "I believe things weren't well, were they?"

"We broke up" I sniffle, putting my pillow on top of my head. "My heart is torn to pieces."

Riley sighs, placing her head on my leg.

"Sweetheart, I don't even know what to say... I doubt you want to hear a you're better off without him speech"

"And you're right." I agree, wiping the tears off my eyes.

Riley smiles sorrowfully at me.

"Stay home today, allow yourself to feel the pain... don't suppress it, it's worse."