1.7

a/n: Did you like the new cover of the book? :D

*Laurel's P.O.V*

I quickly scroll down the fourth gossiping website I've found on the Internet to see if there are any pictures of Luke and I. Not going to lie, I'm feeling a little worried about the whole situation.

I'm in the middle of a small square in front of my lab, sitting on the grass, laptop on my lap.

"Hey, beautiful." Someone says and I jump in surprise, closing the laptop. I look up and Austin is standing right in front of me, smiling.

"Hi, Austin." I sigh, relieved, putting my computer aside to stand up. Austin grabs my hand and helps me. When I'm on my feet he gently pulls in for a kiss, and I can't help but kiss him back.

"What time are you free today?"

"I guess around 4... I need to step into the lab to reorganize a few things, but it will be quick. Why do you ask?"

"I was thinking maybe we could do something later... Maybe going out for dinner?" He scratches his nape, shrugging. "To celebrate the success of your experiment."

"And to celebrate someone's birthday, which is coming too" I giggle.

"Don't make me older just yet, it's 2 days away" He playfully points at me, chuckling. "Anyhow, we can celebrate that too when the time comes."

"We are more than surely celebrating it, Austin!" I roll my eyes. "But dinner tonight sounds wonderful."

"Great!" He cheers before awkwardly cleaning his throat. "I mean, cool. Pick you up at seven?"

"Seven it is." I smile. The clock at the main square marks 1pm and I quickly bow down to grab my laptop. "I must hurry, Riley and Damian are waiting for me. See you tonight!"

"See you, babe." He kisses me quick once again. "Tell Damian I said hi."

"Sure thing." I wink at him.

•••

"You do realize that we'll need to finish the whole project if UC wants us to take it to San Fran, right?" Damian asks me.

It's 3:30pm and I've really got to coordinate great part of the experiments because Damian ruined two of our samples.

"Yeah, Damian." I take a deep breath. "I'm doing it as fast as I can, it's not my fault you delayed everything."

"How many times will I have to say sorry?"

"About a thousand more." Riley glares at him, annoyed. "We need this done until the results of the scholarship."

"It's out about two months from now." Damian rolls his eyes. "You guys don't have to rush it, it's gonna happen."

"If the drugs keep on working, Damian. You know we have no guarantee." I frown.

"You know what I know? Leave it all to me because I can handle it, really."

Riley and I look at each other and I shrug. I need to hurry out of the lab anyway. So Riley turns furiously at Damian.

"If you drop the ball again I swear I'm telling Dr. Jones." She spits and punches his chest.

"Chill, nothing's happening."

"We mean it, Damian." I stare at him, concerned. "If you think you're not able to take care of it I don't mind helping you out."

"Not a chance, Laurel. I know you've got a date with my bro today." He winks at me and I smile, embarrassed.