3.6

a/n: we were ranked #115!!! can I get a hooray?? 😱

*Laurel's P.O.V*
"Let's make a pinky promise for today" I say, raising my pinky finger as we are in the car. "No phone, pictures only. No picking up unless it's a family member, and no texting. Do we have a deal, mr. always-getting-phone-calls-in-the-wrong-moments?"

Luke laughs and agrees, raising his pinky finger and wrapping it around mine.

"Deal, mrs. you-should-get-that" He winks at me and pulls out.

Luke and I first drive to take the ferry towards what then I find out to be Taronga Zoo. And it's beautiful!

"This is awesome! I need to see all the animals" I drag Luke to the first enclosure, even not knowing what animal is there.

"These are the famous koalas" He chuckles while I stare mesmerized at the little gray bear standing in front of me.

"They are so cute!" I smile. "Although I've heard they can rip your arm off if you try to steal their eucalyptus leaves."

"Where did you hear that?"

"Animal Planet" I shrug. "I was like 10, maybe 12, and I dreamed of being a biologist."

"Math is better."

"Shut up"

We walk around the zoo and I get to meet that tree-kangaroo and the platypus. I sort of got too excited about the platypus even though I thought the kangaroo would be way cooler.

I take several pictures with Luke and change my lock screen background to one of them. I wanted to stay all they with the platypus but Luke drags me to another enclosure.

"Now we're gonna see my favorite animal." He says as we walk towards the cutest beings ever.

"They're little penguins!" I chuckle.

"Yeah, that's their name. I love penguins, you know" A childish grin crosses his face.

"Actually their name is" I furrow my eyebrows when I take a look at the information board "Eudyptula minor novaehollandiae"

"I'm sticking to little penguins" He pulls my hand.

After visiting a few more enclosures we stop to eat. Luke ends up ordering a vegemite sandwich - ew.

We leave Taronga Zoo at about 3pm. Luke drives to Martin Place holding my hand as we walk through it. He stops at some place called Lindt Chocolate Café.

"There was a shooting in here" He tells me as we come inside. "2014. 3 deaths"

"You weren't here at the time, were you?" I ask, feeling the heavy atmosphere of the place.

"No, I was touring. But even so, I got really touched by it, this is home, you know?"

"I understand"

I've never been comfortable with the idea of death; thank God my family hasn't gone through many rough times when it comes to this matter. I consider myself extremely weak for not dealing well with it even though I've been a grown up for quite some time now.

And for some reason, I feel that Luke struggles with the same thing when I touch his hand and he squeezes it lightly, taking a deep breath while closing his eyes.

So we drop the subject; after all today is a great day, it's about having a good time with each other.

Leaving Martin Place Luke drives to another beach. The journey takes about forty minutes so I assume this isn't exactly in Sydney.