5.2

GUYS WE ARE RANKED #70 IN FANFICTION! THAT IS MY HIGHEST ACHIEVEMENT OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH I'M SO HAPPY!

*Laurel's P.O.V*

While I was at the airport, I decided to check gossiping websites to find out anything else that H leaked, but I ended up with lots of pictures of Luke arriving and leaving A's, and also pictures at Calum's party, which she and her friend Hannah attended, by the way.

When I get home I'm so angry and hurt I can't even think, oh, and look who's calling me!

"Why were you at UCSF and who's the guy you were talking to?" He fires, taking me by surprise.

"How do you know about this?" My voice cracks.

"Um, well, it's all over the Internet!" He raises his voice. I don't remember reading articles about me, though.

"What the fuck?!" I curse. "Luke, I didn't--"

"Why the hell would you tell me you were with fucking Austin when you know I hate him?! Couldn't you just tell me the truth?! Is it about college? I would perfectly understand!"

"Says the guy who sneaks into his ex girlfriend's place and takes her and her fucking friend to Calum's birthday party which I couldn't go to" I retort.

"I DIDN'T INVITE THEM!" He shouts.

"WHO DID IT, THEN, CALUM?!" I yell back, feeling my heart racing so much I could end up dying at any minute.

Luke sighs.

"This, this isn't working, Laurel. It really isn't." He mutters. "It's not even an H source that's destroying our relationsh--"

"How do you know about the H source?" I enquire. Luke remains silent for a moment.

"I found out about it on the first article. I'm trying to figure out who it is. How did you know about it?"

"This girl praised me for sleeping with you. She showed me the article which they told my name and all. I didn't know there was more than one, though."

"Now you do. And this is why I was meeting Amanda. She's helping me to discover who it is"

"You should've have told me you knew about it"

Luke groans.

"Laurel, don't do this, okay? Don't act like I'm the only guilty one. You've been lying to me for a very long time, and I'm not stupid."

My eyes are teary, I've never been so unhappy with my own choices before. I tried to make something nice and ended up ruining the only thing in my life that seemed completely right.

"When did we start doing this to each other, Luke? It's this big house of lies that's tearing us apart, and I don't want it any longer. I went to San Francisco because they released a program and I might get a scholarship to study at UCSF. If I do I'll move to San Fran, which means I'll be closer to you..."

Luke remains quiet for a moment, and I really have no clue whether he's going to be happy or even more upset at me for not telling.

"So, that guy, Jim, is he from UCSF?"

"Yes."

"There's a lot to process" He comments. "I still don't understand why you didn't tell me, though"

"I was just trying to make a surprise! And I'm this close of getting the scholarship!"

"I think some secrets aren't worth an entire relationship." He says, coldly, and I feel my entire world is ripped to pieces.

"...W-what?" I stutter, trying to ignore the knot forming in my throat.

Luke sighs, and I know him quite well to be sure he's now massaging his temple.

"Our relationship is based on trust in a much upper level than any other, Laurel. Since day 1 I had to trust you almost with my life; I gave you my freaking phone number! I'm an artist, this makes things incredibly hard. Do you know how many fans like you I've wanted to go on a date with? I can't even count them down. But you..."

He stops for a minute, chuckling awkwardly.

"If I was in my complete sense I would have never motivated you, because that's what I did. But something about you, I didn't know what at the time, felt so... right for me. Like you had something which was missing in me. I couldn't let the chance slip away from my fingers. And so I blindly trusted you, praying you wouldn't simply leak my phone number on the Internet. Of course that if you did so, I would simply change it, but it'd also mean I couldn't trust you, a far worse fate since I was visibly attracted to you from the very beginning.
You see, I've got this terrible flaw, which is liking any woman that likes me, and this is how it always was: she'd fall in love and I would love her back. However, it wasn't like that with you, I fell for you way before I told you so, and I even suspect you weren't in love with me just yet. So everything, Laurel, everything in my life that I imagined having a pattern to be followed, you proved it was wrong. Trusting a fan and giving her my phone number? Why not? Visiting her? Completely normal! Opening up to her like I had never done with a woman before? No problem! Falling for her? Inevitable."

The tears are falling down my eyes right now, I don't know if they're tears of joy or sadness though.

"Do you even know why I started seeing Amanda again?" He continues. "It was because the dudes were worried I could be falling for someone I had met less than a month before. They told me I should try 'lighting up the sparkle' again with her."

I never thought I would be upset with Michael, Ashton and Calum, but oh well, there's a first time for everything.

"But Laurel... it was you. It has always been you; I think of you all the time, I want you all day long! I fall easily in love, true, and the feeling is always the same, but with you it's much more intense, it's deeper. I started in the music industry quite young, I guess, and because of that I forgot tons of important things; but you showed me them again. You showed me not everybody is gonna like me because of my number of followers on Twitter or Instagram, or because I know Justin Bieber, or simply because I'm famous. You showed me I'm special for the person I am inside, for my qualities and my flaws as well, not for all the money in my bank account, and I can't thank you enough for that.
However, the lies you've told me recently make me wonder if all those things I just said happen to be true... And I need to think about it."

No more tears of joy, I'm sure.

"Luke, what are you saying?" I sob, unable to control my crying anymore. "You're not breaking up with me, are you?"

I hear Luke gasping, followed by a small whimper.

"I need some time to think" He explains. "Let's just call it a break. Oh, and by the way, be careful with the people you call 'friends'."

And he hangs up.

----------------
Okay now Laurel is just miserable lol poor girl! What do you think that's happening next? Comment telling me your impressions! Vote and share if you like it as well!

I hope you're as excited for the next update as I am! Stay beautiful 💗 xo