5.0

a/n: lovelies, I want to change the cover of the book, but I'm a complete disaster at making covers! is there any talented reader out there who would like to create one for Two Worlds? it would be very much appreciated!

*Laurel's P.O.V*
January 24th

The things I do for Luke.

"Riley, for Christ's sake, don't let Damian touch sample 3!" I instruct. "You can call dr. Jones if anything happens to the bacteria. And don't forget to check the results of our project, if it goes wrong it will be no use for UCSF"

"I got it, boss" Riley playfully salutes. "Uh... Laurel, can I ask you something?"

"Sure" I nod, while packing my bags.

"You're going to LA, aren't you?"

"Yes"

"I was wondering if that thing about you and Luke Hemmings'... you know, if it happens to be true."

I sigh, turning to face Riley.

"We, um... Yeah, it's true. But we don't have an affair, he's my boyfriend"

Riley's eyes widely open. I guess she wasn't expecting that.

"This is crazy! Your boyfriend is famous! Now I know why you're always traveling to California"

"And the reason why we need to win the scholarship" I chuckle. "It will be much easier for Luke and I if I move to Cali."

"I can only imagine! But aren't you a little upset because they're saying you are, like, his mistress or something, and you ruined his relationship with Amanda... I don't even know who that is" Riley giggles awkwardly.

I smile at her. She's someone I love to chat with, even though we're not that close. She wears glasses the whole time, and her ginger hair is always in a ponytail. She's got green eyes and lots of freckles on her cheeks. And let's not forget the braces. She looks so pure and innocent, I really care for her.

"To be honest with you, I am. But it's not like it matters, I know the truth, so does Luke. We knew the media would find out sooner or later." I fake a smile.

"Don't let it bring you down, then, you don't deserve it" Riley squeezes my arm, and I nod sympathetically. "By the way, if you ever meet Taylor Swift... tell her I love her, okay?"

I laugh and nod, remembering Ashton's New Year's party. So I finish packing to take a cab to the airport, but before the car could pull out...

"Wait! Wait!" Someone shouts. I look back and catch sight of a tall figure running towards us, carrying a suitcase. "Are you heading to the airport? Can I get a ride?"

I take a deep breath.

"I'm late, Austin, just hop in, quickly."

Austin nods and gets inside the car, out of breath.

"I needed to run a marathon to get here on time. Phew" He jokes. "So where are you going?"

"LA. You?"

"San Francisco" He beams, taking his phone to type a message.