4.9

THAT MOMENT WHEN I REALIZE THERES GONNA BE A SLFL CONCERT ON MY 18TH BIRTHDAY AND I WONT BE THERE IM CRYING

*Laurel's P.O.V*

"I'm feeling like you're on that old tv show... what was the name again? Gossip Girl?" Megan jokes while eating her cupcake.

"Or Pretty Little Liars" I add, as the waitress brings me my coffee.

We are at Cake&Coffee, five days after the article was released and I still can't get over it. However, I'm keeping my promise of not telling Luke, so I'm handling it all on my own.

And since he hasn't spoken about it either, I guess it's all good.

"I need to send Luke a picture" I take my phone and position it in a way it shows the entire store. "This is now one important spot for us."

"Yeah, and speaking of, we've never really gone to that dinner you promised" Megan folds her arms, leaning back in her seat.

I chuckle, sending the picture to Luke.

"All right, so I can tell you right here how it was. Well, basically when we were back in Sydney Luke didn't know how to introduce me to his family. At the wedding, one of his aunts asked him if I was his girlfriend. His brother Jack - incredibly handsome, by the way - kept calling me his sister-in-law, and Luke didn't confirm or deny it. So things started to get confused, and when this aunt asked him he said yes. At first, I thought he was just trying to avoid the subject, but then... something happened between us, I don't know..." I smile at the memory. "He took me to this ACDC concert, and then he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"At the concert?" Megan raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah!" I giggle. "He was yelling so much, it wasn't even a little romantic, but it certainly was... perfect. You know, I've always had hope he would someday be my boyfriend but when he really became--"

"It didn't feel real, right?"

I nod, and Megan smiles fondly at me.

"I knew it" She snaps her fingers. "Since that day back at the concert, the way you were looking at him... You guys make the cutest couple ever!"

"Tell me about it" I beam. "This whole paparazzi and affair thing is pissing me off, though."

"Laurel, who cares what they will say? You know the truth, you know you guys are valentines."

"Yeah, but I don't really like the idea of people calling me a hooker."

Megan coughs.

"Did they call you a hooker?"

I nod.

"In Beverly Hills, once. We were shopping with Ashton and his girlfriend."

"Motherfuckers." Megan mumbles. "Oh, screw them, Laurel, as I said, you know the truth!"

"Megan, you're a lawyer"

"I'm not a lawyer yet"

I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. Could I take legal action against this website? It's my name in there!"

Megan shakes her head.

"I'm afraid not... It's not slender, they didn't use false quotations of yours or anything like that. Besides, nothing but your first name and city you live in was revealed, so I guess there's nothing much we could do about it."