2.8

5 days later...

*Luke's P.O.V*

I'm getting ready for Michael's party, while talking to Laurel over FaceTime.

"Try that white shirt" She tells me. "The one you left on the bed."

"This?" I get the shirt and she nods. I agree and put it on. "What do you think?"

"I love it." She smiles.

"I wish you were here to party with us" I pout, grabbing my phone. Laurel chuckles and sighs.

"I wish so too... When you get there could you tell me? So I can call you and you pass it to Michael. I want to wish him a happy birthday."

"Sure thing" I shrug.

"Hey, uh..." She begins. "I was thinking about going to LA in December, you know, running away from the cold in North Carolina. Don't worry, I'm not asking to stay at your place, but I was hoping we could spend some time together."

"When are you coming?" I ask, putting my shoes on.

"I was thinking about the 15th."

"Aw... I'm going back to Australia on the 16th, I've got a wedding to attend and then I'm celebrating Christmas with my family."

"Oh." She sadly smiles at me. "Yeah, you're right. I should've known you'd be with your family."

"Will you be home for Christmas?"

Laurel remains silent for a moment, so I look at my phone screen. She's looking down.

"Not really."

"Well then where will you be?" I inquire.

"Here, I guess." She chuckles.

"With Megan?"

"No, she'll be in Colorado with her family."

"Are you telling me that you'll spend Christmas all on your own?" I question in disbelief.

Laurel nods, a little ashamed.

"It's okay, I can watch Home Alone on the TV" She jokes.

"I can't believe it! Why won't you return home?"

When she's about to answer someone calls me and our connection goes down. It's Michael.

"What's up, Mikey, old man!" I tease him.

"I'm still more functional than you are" He snaps and we laugh. "A called Bryana saying she'll be at my party. You didn't invite her, did you?"

"Uh..." I bite my lip. "I may or may not have mentioned that you'd throw a party today."

"As long as you don't bring her. She's no girlfriend of yours anymore, I don't have to stand her."

I roll my eyes.

"Whatever. I'll be there in 10."

I text Laurel telling why it hang up and head to Michael's. It's already full of people. I greet them all and give Michael one big hug. My gift for him should arrive within two or three days: another Les Paul guitar, customized. I know he's gonna love it.

"Laurel wants to wish you a happy birthday, wait a moment" I tell him, calling her. "Hey, Laurel? Michael is here, want to talk to him?"

"Yes, yes, yes! Where's Mikey?" She's excited. I smile. I'm so glad she gets along with my best friends.

I hand him the phone and he cracks a big smile when he listens to her voice. Michael thanks her and then they start talking about something I don't know.

"Hey, Luke!" Bryana smiles at me, getting closer with Ashton. "It's such a shame Laurel couldn't come, I was hoping I could spend some time with her!"

"Yeah, she's fun to be around" Ashton agrees.

"She's got college..." I shrug.

Someone slaps my ass and I jump, surprised.

"Fuck you, Calum" I mock. And Calum is holding hands with... Natalie?

"What's up guys?" He chuckles. "Bryana, I guess you're the only one who doesn't know her yet, so this is Natalie. Natalie, that's Bryana, she's Ashton's girlfriend."

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, Natalie" She smiles.

"The pleasure is all mine. Hey Luke, Ashton." Natalie greets us and I shake my head, smiling. What the hell happened? First Calum finally talked to her and now they're, like... together? That's a miracle.

Natalie tells Calum she's going to get something to drink and he nods, staying with us while she leaves.

"Did you finally decide to get your head out of your ass and ask her out? That was unexpected" I raise my eyebrows, amused.

"Dude, she was giving me the look. I didn't know it, though. Laurel told me." His amusing childish grin showing. "That day at Alex's I talked to her and I am now going out with Natalie..."

"Here's your phone Luke" Michael hands it to me. "Man, I wish she was here!"

"Everybody's talking about Laurel today" Ashton laughs.

Michael leaves to greet his other guests while the rest of us stay together.

"Laurel said she was thinking about coming to LA in December." I say.

"Oh, will she? We could go shopping again, it was so fun!" Bryana thrills.

"She was planning on coming on the 15th. One day later I'll be in Australia, so I guess not."

"Oh, that's bad" Ashton comments. "Will she be home for Christmas?"

"She says she's staying in Charlotte alone"

Bryana's eyes widen and she looks at Ashton before turning to me.

"If I wasn't with my family I'd go with Ashton." She shrugs. "Why don't you take her to Sydney?"

"Bry!" Ashton censors Bryana and she raises her hands, innocent.

"What, babe? I was just saying!"

I frown. Taking Laurel with me? That would also mean introducing her to my family... That's weird.

And besides, she would never want to.

...Or would she?

"Hey guys!" Alex suddenly shows up, greeting us. "Hey, Luke, hope you don't mind, she asked me to give her a ride."

"Who?" I furrow my eyebrows. What the hell is he talking about?

"Hi, babe" Someone talks behind me. I wide open my eyes, staring at Ashton and Bryana, who are rolling theirs.

Fuck no.

"Hi, Amanda."

----------------

Filler! Hope you like it! Don't forget to vote and share, oh and comment as well, I LOVE comments! Thank you for reading my book, it means a lot! Stay beautiful xo