8.2

February 3rd
*Laurel's P.O.V*

I'm shaking. I'm legit shaking.

Megan, Riley and I went shopping but I couldn't focus on it even for a single moment; my mind was all about getting to see Luke on the 5th.

That was two weeks ago, and nothing has changed.

I open my small box of jewels. Some rings, necklaces, mostly family jewels. There's this incredibly beautiful ring made of white gold and a small diamond which I only wear in special occasions; it was my grandmother's, and she gave it to me when I graduated high school. There's also a topaz necklace that belonged to my great grandmother, and then to my grandmother, my mom and now me.

According to the tradition I'm supposed to give it to my daughter when she turns 16 or to my son as a gift for his fiancée.

Hopefully a blue eyed child. Well, considering genetics, most likely to be hazel. Maybe green, who knows? My mom's got blue eyes though...

I take out of my box the necklace Luke gave me for Christmas when we were in Australia; it had been several months since I last touched it.

I do my hair up and carefully clasp it. I look myself in the mirror and smile at the sight of the aquamarine pendant falling where my heart is. Amazing how objects are really able to make you remember a person and lots of memories along, like it was all kept there, in that small blue gemstone.

In two days I'm getting to see Luke again. Sometimes I catch myself nervously moving my legs up and down, the butterflies on my stomach and all those things I forgot how they felt for almost a year.

"Do you think we could get there earlier?" I shrug, trying to seem carefree. "just for precaution"

"We are most definitely getting there early, Laurel" Megan rolls her eyes. "Not that it matters though, we are going backstage"

Riley chokes, and her cough captures our attention.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

"Uh, yeah" stutters Riley. "It's just that, I um... I didn't buy backstage tickets"

My jaw drops; so does Megan's.

"What?" She questions in disbelief.

"I'm sorry" Riley quints. "I was late and all backstages had been sold so I decided to buy normal ones anyway!"

"It's okay" I'm taken by surprise, but she doesn't need to feel bad about it. "I mean, I can find a way to sneak in"

Theoretically. I need to figure out how to, but I guess that's the easiest part: Jeff knows me, so I'd just need to do the same thing I did a year and a half ago. Despite this fact, I'm still worried that everything may go down.

"Are you excited?" asks Megan, passing her arm over my shoulders. "I'm so happy you actually agreed to this!"

"To be honest, I am too" I smile. "I think I need to solve things with Luke once and for all. No matter what happens, at least we were able to do it rationally and face to face. I'm glad I made all the works I had to for the week"

"I think you guys are going to--" The bell interrupts Riley, who frowns at me. "Are you waiting for someone?"

"Hum... no?" I stand up to answer the door. As I open it, my heart freezes.

"Oh... hey there, Rel" He greets, a shy smile eventually showing up.

"Austin... hi" I chuckle, embarrassed. "What are you, um, what are you doing here?"