SIXTEEN

CHAPTER 16

It was now Friday. Today was one of the worst days so far. Jane (the girl I got in a fight with at the beginning of the school year) had gotten close to Jaehyun for one reason. She wanted him for herself and tried to take him away from us(Taeyong, Ten, Jihye and Chaeyoung) I don't really care really because he always rejects them and eats with us but Jane... She is another story. I hate her with a passion. I usually never hate people that much but she is a different story. Since the beginning of highschool she was always bullying me and let's just say I always ignored her which made her hate me more. I went to my seat and got my stuff ready for our session. Once Jaehyun noticed me, he excused himself from his conversation but Jane held his wrist.

"I wasn't done talking you know" I heard her say.

"Mian but let's talk another time" He said while taking his hand out of her grip.

"Are you really going to go see this piece of trash" she said as she pointed me.

I was holding my pencil so hard that I ended up breaking it. I was so pissed but kept myself calm so no one could notice my sudden small outburst.

"For your information, she isn't a piece of thrash compared to you. She is also someone important to me so back off" He said in a serious and polite tone.

When I heard him say that, it cought me off guard and I could feel my cheeks burning up. He walks up to me and sits in his place turning around to face me.

"Eun, I have a question" He told me.

"N-Ne?" I said.

"Tonight, A carnival is being held only for tonight. The guys already asked their girlfriends and they are all going. I wanted to ask you if you could come so I could feel less awkward and left out. Plus we will be together laughing at them, do you want to come?" He asked me clearly a bit embaressed since everyone looked at him in shocked since he asked me out of everyone.

"Ne, I would like to come" I told him as I flashed a smile.

"Great, let's go straight after school ara?" He asked.

"Arasseo" I said.

The day continued and finally it was over. I went to my locker to get my things and Jaehyun walks up to me.

"Ready?" He asked me

"Ne, let's go" I said as I flashed him a smile.

We walked up to the main gates and met with the others. Before heading to the carnival, we went to eat at a restaurant. We talked for a while and then decided to leave to go to the carnival. Once we got there, I was looking at everything that lighted up. You could see in my eyes that fireworks were popping. I usually never really like carnivals, but this one was different. The smell of sweet cotton candy filled the air and little kids playing in the booths were adorable to look at. As I felt someone tap my shoulder, I turned around and saw Jaehyun.

"You can stop admiring and let's go. I payed your ticket" he says as he handed me my ticket.

"Gomabseubnida! Where do we start?" I asked.

"How about the haunted house?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"If you think I will get scared, you are wrong little Casper" I told him with my tongue out.

"Yah! Where are the others?" I asked as I looked for them.

"They already left to go on some rides so they left us together. Also, I challenge you to go in the haunted house with me" He added with a big confident smile.

"Challenge accepted"

Once we got in the line for the haunted house, it passed quickly. We were finally inside the haunted house and Jaehyun and I stayed next to eachother. When jumpscares came, I didn't flintch, I just laughed. Jaehyun on the other hand, he was jumping from time to time. Jaehyun would ocasionally look at me with the 'why are you laughing and not screaming' face. I would just stick my tongue out at him so he could get annoyed a bit.