Love

I have absolutely no idea what happened with this one, or what I was thinking as I wrote this.

Sam's POV

What is love?

I was thinking this as Dean was laying beside me on our couch, sound asleep. When he fell asleep, I didn't move. Instead, I stayed beside him, to watch over him, to protect him. Small snores escaped through his slightly parted lips. That's when I began to think about love. Am I actually in love with him? The answer is yes. I don't have to think about that one. But, is it true love, and not some kind of total infatuation? Now, I've loved him for a long, long, time, so it can't be infatuation. Ever since we both admitted to our feelings for the other, I've never even looked, or thought of another woman, or man in a sexual manner. So, yes, I'm truly in love with my older brother.

Dean and I are in love, but we can never express our love through the symbol of marriage, as it is illegal to marry your sibling. I don't understand this. Perhaps it's because I'm part of the relationship, so I don't see anything wrong. Maybe everyone else doesn't understand that when you fall in love with your sibling, as I have with Dean, they become more than just a brother or sister. They become the entire embodiment of love, in both the lover sense and the sibling sense of the idea. Therefore, what is the problem with two brothers getting married. I mean, we are unable to procreate by ourselves, so what's the harm to society?

I softly rubbed Dean's cheek with my thumb. He sighed in his sleep. Without waking, his arms wrapped around me and hugged me tightly. A few minutes passed before his eyes slowly opened, revealing his gorgeous green irises.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty" I whispered.

He sighed, not fully awake, but still managed a mumbled, "Don't call me that"

I could feel my mouth turn into a loving smile as I began to run my fingers through the longer parts of Dean's hair.

"We have a job" I reminded him.

"Shut up" he mumbled.

I shook my head, still smiling.

Yes. I, Sam Winchester, is most definitely, absolutely, completely in love with my older brother, Dean Winchester... even though he is literally trying to wipe drool off of my arm and his face right now. If that didn't gross me out, then it has to be love. ... right?