Cursed Love

Suggested by: its_just_me_lucifer, Happy Birthday!!

Also I apologize, but I think this moves kinda fast toward the end.

I held my hand out to stop Sam. Slowly, I put my finger to my lips and nodded my head in the direction of the sound I just heard. Sam got the message and raised his gun. We slowly moved over to where I heard the witch. Sam strayed from me a little to the left, thinking that we could trap the witch between us. A whisper came from just beyond the trees to my right.

"Vel maxime amore tuo ostende mihi faciem benedixerit tibi superas veniebat morte dolorem." 

I turned just as the whisper started, my gun already raised. I couldn't see the witch though, she is using the trees to hide herself. I can handle this without Sammy. Slowly I made my way into the trees. She repeated the same words, louder this time. 

"Vel maxime amore tuo ostende mihi faciem benedixerit tibi superas veniebat morte dolorem."

I know that language. It's definitely Latin. What am I getting myself into? Something caught my eye in my peripheral vision. Quickly I turned, there she was. 

The last repetition was the loudest and she picked up speed with her words, "VEL MAXIME AMORE TUO OSTENDE MIHI FACIEM BENEDIXERIT TIBI SUPERAS VENIEBAT MORTE DOLOREM!"

I aimed at the witch's heart and prepared to fire. 

She let out a wicked, high pitched laugh, "You'll show him you love him or die in agony!" she screeched. I pull the trigger and watch as her head blows from her body, flying blood over the nearby trees and myself.

Sam runs over to me, slightly out of breath. He watches as I pull out my zippo and toss it in the dry brush right next to the dead body. The flames grow as the air fills with the stench of burning skin and hair. 

Before going back to the Impala, Sam and I put out the fire before it spreads to the trees. Immediately after turning on the engine, I turn on the radio and Black Sabbath filters through the speakers.

 A few minutes pass before Sam asks, "Did that witch say anything to you?" 

I turn down the music and reply, "She was saying something in Latin. I really didn't catch it." I shrug the thought off and continue driving back to our bunker. I can't help but notice the pull I'm feeling toward Sam. I mean, I've always secretly been in love with him, but my feelings are even stronger now. 

"Hey, Dean, you with me?" Sam nudges my shoulder. The nudge sends a shiver down my spine and a warmth through my chest. Now, in all the years that I've loved Sam, that has never happened when he touched me. 

"Yeah, sorry, just zoned out for a minute I guess," I mumble, concentrating more on my newfound feelings. 

Sam and I both went to bed once we got back to the bunker. As I lay in my bed, I notice a pain spreading from my chest. It feels almost like a pulled muscle. Figuring I messed something up hunting the witch, I rolled to my side and fell asleep. 

The next morning, the pain had become much worse. It has to be the curse from that goddamn witch. I moved slowly out of bed. Somehow, I have to touch Sam to make this pain go away, but without telling him why. I changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. That's when the idea hit me. With a smile, I went to join Sam in the kitchen. 

"Mornin'" I said happily and clapped Sam's shoulder as I walked past, toward the coffee he'd already made. The pain already began to diminish. 

"You're in a good mood today," Sam said, folding up the newspaper he was undoubtedly looking  for a new case in.