Faith

I'm extremely busy the rest of this week, so I can't promise if the usual Saturday update will be on time. I'll get it up eventually, though. 

Suggested by: @PrincessPeach211

Dean's POV

"Another negative?" Sam asked. I nodded sadly, showing him the pregnancy test. "How many is that?"

Tears burned behind my eyes as I choked out, "five" 

"Aw, Dean. Come here, Baby" Sam held his arms out to me. I let him hold me close. I was still trying to hold back the tears threatening to fall. "It's not your fault" he whispered to me.

"I just want a baby so bad" my voice cracked.

"Me too" Sam replied, "Someday we'll have one, you'll see" I nodded. He let go of me and said, "I need to clear my head, though. Are you going to be okay if I go for a jog?"

"Yeah. I'm fine" I assured him.

A few minutes later, he left for his jog. Once he was gone, I slipped  into our nursery. It was all ready for a baby. The room was decorated with pale blue and light gray, so it was unisex. The dresser was full of both boy and girl clothes. We even already bought a toddler bed for when the baby was older. Seeing the nursery made me want to cry again. 

Sam's POV

Halfway through my jog, I noticed a box on the side of the road. As I jogged past, I saw a lump under a blanket in the bottom of the box. Curiosity got the best of me and I stopped to check it out. I slowly lifted the blanket. A gasp left my throat as I saw what was underneath. She looked at me with big, blue eyes. It was a child—a girl no more than 4 years old. I looked around to see if she belonged to anyone nearby. The street was deserted. I looked back at her and asked, "Do you have a mommy or a daddy?" Tears filled her innocent eyes as she shook her head. "Come here. I'll help you." Cautiously, I lifted her out of the box. She felt so light, almost like she was starving. Her tiny arms wrapped around my neck as I walked back home. 

Dean's POV

 I heard the door open, signalling Sam was home. That's odd. I didn't expect him back for another half an hour. I was walking out to the front door when I heard voices. One I recognized as Sam's, but I didn't know the other one. "Who's this?" I asked when I came into the room and saw Sam with a little girl. 

"She told me her name was Faith. Dean, I found her in a box in the street. She doesn't have any parents" He gave me a hopeful look. I looked at the girl. A sudden burst of joy hit me. 

"Are you saying you want to take her in?" I asked. Sam nodded. I knelt closer to the girl. "Would you like it if Sam and I adopted you and became your daddies?" She nodded and gave me a small hug. I hugged her back. She smelled of dirt and grass. "I think you need to have a bath" I said before picking her up and carrying her to the bathroom. 

Once her bath was finished and she was dressed, Sam and I showed Faith her new room. She excitedly ran around the room, looking at everything. I stood in the doorway, watching her. I felt Sam's arms make their way around my waist. I let myself lean back to rest against his body. He planted a kiss on my cheek. "We have a daughter" he whispered. I turned in his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"I don't think I've ever been this happy about you going for a jog" I replied. Sam let out a small laugh before pulling me in for a kiss. My eyes closed as I lost myself in the kiss, but I was dragged back to reality when I felt a small hand pull on my shirt. Sam pulled away. He bent down and lifted Faith. His other arm went around me. He pressed a kiss to my temple. I actually felt like we were already growing into a small family. 

A month passed. Faith came running into our room, as she's been doing almost every morning lately. She jumped on our bed to wake us up. "C'mon, Mommy. Wake up" she said, lightly hitting me with her small hand. I groaned as I woke up with a pain in my stomach. I immediately felt nauseous as I tried to sit up. Sam looked at me with a worried look.

"Faith, I don't think Mommy feels good. How about you and I go to the kitchen for some breakfast and see if he feels better in a little bit?" 

"Mommy never feels good" she observed. I immediately felt a pang of guilt. She sounded disappointed in me. Sam did get her out of our room after a few seconds. I laid back down in the bed. I've been feeling sick everyday for a few days now. Could it really be what I think it is? It's possible that I could be pregnant, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Slowly, I crawled out of bed and went to the bathroom connected to the bedroom. I took a deep breath as I took a pregnancy test. The three minutes I had to wait felt like a century. It was almost agonizing. Once the time had passed, I slowly took at the results. I wanted to know, but I didn't want to be disappointed. I started crying when I saw the results. It was positive. My hand went to my mouth as the tears rolled down my cheeks. I couldn't believe it. Quickly, I walked out of the bathroom and to the kitchen. Sam was doing the breakfast dishes. Faith must be somewhere else, playing. 

"Guess what?" I said excitedly. 

"What?" I held out the positive pregnancy test. He looked at it. I heard him gasp, then the plate he was washing landed on the floor. It cracked into two. His hands were on my waist then. I didn't even care that they were soaking my shirt as he lifted me off the ground. "I can't believe it" he said before setting me down on the counter. 

"Neither can I" I replied. Suddenly, his lips were on mine. My legs tightened around his waist as he kissed me. 

"What's going on?" Faith appeared in the doorway. Sam and I both walked over to her and bent down to her level. 

"Mommy is going to have a baby" Sam explained, "How do you feel about having a new baby brother or sister?" Her face twisted into a mixture of anger and sadness as she ran to her room. Sam and I looked at each other in confusion. 

"I'll go" I told him before getting up and walking to Faith's room. When I walked through the doorway, I saw Faith laying on her small bed, her face in her pillow. "Honey, what's wrong?" I asked while running my hand through her golden curls.

She looked up from her pillow to ask, "Are you and Daddy going to get rid of me?" 

I was shocked for a second. "Why would you ever think that?" 

"Because my last Mommy got rid of me when she and my new Daddy said I was going to have a brother" 

Sudden fury raged through me, but I hid it and calmly said, "Don't worry baby girl, Daddy and I would never get rid of you. You're going to be a big sister, so we need you to help protect your new brother or sister when they get older" 

She smiled at me and leaned down to kiss my stomach before hugging me and saying "I love you, Mommy" 

"I love you, too" I replied. 

Sam walked in at that moment. "Everything okay?" he asked.

"Perfect" I replied. 

A couple months later, I went for my first ultrasound. Faith and Sam came with me. We found out that I wasn't having just one baby—I was having twins. A boy and a girl. I couldn't ask for a more perfect family.