Sympathy for the Samifer Part 4

I didn't get the full tuition scholarship... and this is a little short because I wrote it after putting the two kids I'm babysitting to bed.

Suggested by: @LondonGirl222

Dean woke to the sound of Axl crying. It was late and Dean was exhausted. Nonetheless, he rolled out of bed to see what his son needed.

When he got to the nursery, Dean saw a figure standing over Axl's crib in the dark room. Surged with adrenaline from fear and the need to protect his child, Dean grabbed the figure and tackled them to the ground, pinning then beneath him.

"What are you doing? Dean, it's me!"

"Sammy?" Dean asked, looking down at the person he had pinned. In a sliver of moonlight coming through the window, Dean could make out Sam's features.

"You're crushing me," Sam said with a smile.

"Oh, right," Dean quickly climbed off of Sam. He went over to Axl's crib and lifted the baby into his arms.

"Are you okay, Dean?"

Dean shook his head, "I'm worried Lucifer is going to try and do something to Axl." The baby stopped crying as Dean rocked him in his arms.

Sam put his hand on Dean's shoulder, "We're always going to protect him, and you know that. Lucifer won't get to him with us here."

Dean sighed and put Axl back into his crib. He had already fallen back to sleep.

"Let's go back to bed," Sam suggested. He reached out for Dean's hand and guided him back to their bedroom.

*****

Sam quickly fell back to sleep. Carefully, Dean wiggled out from underneath his arm and went back to Axl's nursery. He lifted the baby as easily as possible so he wouldn't wake up. Then he went back to his own room. He laid Axl between himself and Sam. When he climbed back into the bed, Sam subconsciously put a protective arm around the baby and Dean. Now he's safe, thought Dean.

The next morning, Dean asked Sam if they could put wards up to further protect from Lucifer coming back.

"If it will make you feel better, then of course we can."

The two Winchesters spend the rest of the day painting sigils and taking turns caring for Axl.