The New Boyfriend

I'm pretty sure everyone in my English class thinks I'm a weirdo. They aren't wrong, but we're talking about ancient Greek plays and stories. There's a shit ton of incest. Everyone looks at each other with disgusted faces as I sit there with a completely straight face. *sigh* oh well...

Suggested by: its_just_me_lucifer

Trigger Warning: Contains self harm

The apartment door opened and Dean stepped through. Sam was taking off his coat just a few feet in front of the door.

"Sammy, are you just getting home?" Dean asked with concern in his voice. 

"Yeah, I was out with Dalton."

"Dude, I know he's your new boyfriend and everything, but it's way past dark. You know what's out there."

"But you're just getting home, too." 

Dean rolled his eyes, "Yeah, from work. I'm also 19 years old. You can't even drive, yet. When Dad left for his hunt, he told me to protect you, which includes making sure your ass is in here at a reasonable time."

Sam sighed, "I had someone with me, at least." 

Dean suddenly smiled, "Speaking of, when do I get to meet this Dalton?"

Sam smiled back, "Tomorrow?" 

"Sure, I'm off tomorrow, so I'll be here when you get back from school." 

****

The next day, Sam walked into the apartment with Dalton right behind him. The fingers of Sam's free hand were intertwined with Dalton's. 

"I can't wait for you to meet Dean," Sam said excitedly. 

Dean stood up to greet Sam and Dalton. When he looked at Dalton, Dean felt as if he was looking into a distorted mirror. He and Dalton resembled each other, but weren't identical. 

"Uh, hi, you must be Dalton," Dean said, holding out his hand. 

"And you must be Sam's brother. I've heard a lot about you," Dalton replied as if Dean was challenging him and shook Dean's hand. 

Sam, Dalton and Dean sat together and began to talk. Dean asked details of how Sam met Dalton and what their relationship was like at this point. Over dinner, Dean got to know Dalton better. 

Eventually, Dalton decided it was time to go home. He shook Dean's hand and kissed Sam's cheek before leaving. 

"So?" Sam asked like an overly excited teenager. He bounced onto the couch beside Dean. "What did you think of him?"

Dean thought for a second. He really didn't like Dalton that much. Something about him worried Dean, but he couldn't put his finger on it. "I liked him. He really seemed to make you happy," Dean said. He decided that right now he would put his feelings aside and not upset Sam. "But, you better tell me if he starts mistreating you so I can beat his ass." 

Sam laughed and rolled his eyes, "Yes, Dean..." 

"Good," Dean ruffled Sam's hair because he knew how much he hated it, "I'm just happy that my little brother is finally gettin' some!" 

Sam blushed as he patted his hair back down. 

"Aw, look how red you're getting," Dean laughed and poked Sam's cheeks playfully. Sam batted his hands away. 

"I'm going to bed," Sam announced as he stood up and gave Dean a small hug. 

****

A few weeks passed. Dean began to notice a change in Sam's behaviors. Sam and Dean had always been extremely close. They pretty much only had each other, but lately, Sam was locking himself in his room all the time. Anytime Dean would ask to come in, Sam would complain about how much homework he had, yet Dean knew that Sam's grades were also dropping.