We Take Care of Each Other

Suggested by: @PrincessPeach211

Dean walked inside and immediately ran to his room. The click of the lock echoed throughout the hallway. Tears began to roll down Dean's cheeks as he laid on his bed. He buried his face into his pillow to try and muffle the sounds of his sobs. "Dean?" asked Sam's voice from outside the door. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine" Dean called. His voice cracked loudly, giving away that he'd been crying.

"No, you aren't. You're crying, I can tell. Please, Dean, let me in", Sam pleaded. Dean sighed and quickly wiped his face before getting up and unlocking the door. "I knew it. You aren't okay. Please tell me what's wrong."

"It's fine, Sammy. Don't worry about it."

"But, I'm all you have. If something's wrong, you shouldn't hide it from me, especially if I can help you."

"I don't think you can help me with this."

"I can try."

Dean considered this, and sighed. "Well, it's not like I'll be able to hide it forever. Sammy... I'm... pregnant."

Sam looked horrified by this for a second, "It's going to be okay" he reassured Dean.

"No—no it's not. I'm 17, Sammy, I can't take care of a baby! His other father is 21, and he basically walked away from me when I told him, so there's no way he's going to help" the tears began to roll down Dean's cheeks again as he spoke.

"What are you going to do?" Sam asked.

"I have to get rid of it" Dean told him with a determined tone to his voice.

"No! Dean, please don't do that. We can manage" Sam was almost in tears now, too.

"How, Sammy? We're barely getting by now, and a baby is really expensive"

"I'll get a job.... I'll get a job and take care of you and your baby" Sam said excitedly.

"Really? You're only 13, but you'd do that for me?"

"Of course, Dean. You're my brother. It's been your job to take care of me since Dad left, and now I get a chance to take care of you"

"Thanks, Sammy" Dean said before hugging Sam tightly.

"Do you promise not to get an abortion then?" Sam asked.

"Yes, I promise"

Sam smiled, "I should go see if there are any part time openings to start saving money"

Dean smiled back, "Probably, but I'll help you look, okay"

Sam quickly hugged Dean, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you, or your baby"

"I know, Sammy, I know" Dean whispered as he rubbed Sam's back.