8. Another Day, Another Disappointment

The next morning, I tried to walk to school normally but eventually a familiar white car followed by a red truck drove into view.

"Alissa Holt" Scotty said as I walked. I ignored him, continuing my walk but putting my headphones in and playing music,turning it up so loud that I couldn't hear him.

The Tesla kept driving next to me, frustrating other cars no doubt. I ignored Scotty and his attempts to gain my attention, continuing my walk to school.

The cars eventually left and drove towards the school and I sighed, picking up the pace as I was running late. I managed to get to school with five minutes until homeroom. Waiting at the front door of the school for me were 'The Boys', I ignored them still and walked towards my locker.

I had photography first so I just needed the stick with all my photos on it. Todd wasn't in class yesterday, obviously pissed at me. He eventually got over it because he showed up to Gym, which I wasn't expecting after not seeing him in photography.

And we all saw how well that class ended for me yesterday.

Because he wasn't in class yesterday, I hadn't yet seen the photos he'd taken of me.

I let 'The Boys' follow me all the way to homeroom where I sat in my seat without acknowledging anyone.

"You just don't know when to give up, do you Holt?" Zane hissed as he stood. I said nothing, just scribbled in my binder.

"Are you going to answer me when I talk to you?" Zane asked, a little louder. The whole class obviously turned to see what was going on.

"Why would I do what you wanted me to do? Silence doesn't mean you've won" I said and he looked taken aback.

"Do you want a repeat of yesterday?" He said, probably making everyone else curious. I smirked, imagining Zane spilling the beans about the events of yesterday afternoon.

"What happened yesterday?" I asked, looking him dead in the eye. His face dropped when he realised what he was about to do.

"Alright go back to your own fucking business" He said, addressing the entire class that was looking at us. The entire class turned their attention away and continued their murmured conversations as Mr Adams walked in.

Something was slipped under my binder and I glanced beside me to see Heath looking forward. I quickly grabbed the small piece of paper and placed it up my sleeve. I pulled it into my lap and glanced at it.

'Don't give Todd a hard time. You'll see why next period'

I frowned at the message, curious as to what was coming next. I just slipped the paper into my jeans pocket and went back to my doodling until the bell went and I was free to walk to photography.

I entered the class and took my usual seat, logging on to the computer and loading up my latest photos from last night, Elton helping me out and letting me take photos of him.

"Nice to see some new subject matter. Must be a lot easier on you" My teacher, Mr Hunter mentioned.

"Thanks sir" I said as he moved onto Todd.

Holy shit.

Todd was sporting not only a black eye but also a swollen and split lip.

"Jeez Smith, you okay?" Mr Hunter asked, Todd grumbling something in response.

"Where are your latest portraits?" Hunter asked him. Todd sighed.

"Accidentally got my card wiped and was a little too caught up to take more photos. Sorry sir" He said and Mr Hunter shook his head.