114. Prom

SURPRISE!

I decided to update daily for the last three chapters hehehe. So this is the second to last chapter and the last one will be up tomorrow. This is how much I love you guys, enjoy!

TIME JUMP: JANUARY TO MAY

SENIOR PROM:

I sighed as I looked in the mirror once more. Even though I had tamed all the stray hairs, accessorised my dress adequately and even smiled genuinely in the mirror, it still didn't look right.

I sighed, knowing why I didn't feel all that great.

I had no idea how to do my makeup and I think at this point it was too late to book in somewhere. I was still about two hours early because I needed time to experiment but nothing I did made it look good.

I didn't even know anyone who did fantastic makeup. I was only friends with boys and it's not like any girl at my school would willingly help me. Not that anyone did over-the-top makeup every single day. No one except-

Oh my God.

No one except Gabbie Hanna.

But there is absolutely no way in HELL she would ever agree to help me with my makeup.

I looked back at my reflection.

God, I had to try at least.

to: David
from: Alissa

'Odd request, I need Gabbie Hanna's address. Don't bring it up ever'

And what? Just show up to Gabbie's house and be like 'hey, remember those times we hated each other and then never spoke again after I put your boyfriend in prison because he nearly shot me? Good times! Can you help me right now?'

That would not end well.

But for some reason, I was in my car driving as soon as David sent through the address and before I knew it, I was parked outside Gabbie Hanna's house. I took a deep breath and walked up to the front door, knocking on it. A smaller girl answered the door, like maybe thirteen years old?

"Hi, is this Gabbie's house?" I asked and she turned a little.

"GABBIE! DOOR!" She screamed through the house.

"Ooh Logan you're early!" She squealed, coming to the door. Her 'look-cute-for-the-boy' face dropped immediately when she saw me.

"Ew, what do you want? And how do you know where I live?" She asked. I sighed.

She looked amazing, I won't lie. Her dress looked perfect on her and her hair and makeup was done to perfection.

"This is going to sound really weird but I need your help" I said.

"No thanks, there's no helping you" She said with a laugh, about to shut the door on my face.

"Please Gabbie. I can't do makeup" I begged, stopping the door with my foot.

"Why should I help you? What have you done to help me before?" She asked, folding her arms.

"Nothing, I was awful to you and you were awful to me too. But tonight is our senior prom and I want to feel like a million bucks. I wanna feel how you look." I said and she smiled somewhat softly.

"This? Oh this was a simple look" She said. If she wasn't wearing makeup I could have sworn she was blushing.

"Look I've got a little under two hours before I head over to Elton's and I can't go to my senior prom looking like this." I said and she rolled her eyes as she sighed. She stood there and looked at me for a good minute before grabbing my arm and sighing again.