45. Internal Battles are Never Won

Todd emerged from the bathroom to find me on the couch, staring off into space.

"Thought you would have left for school by now, homeroom starts in ten minutes" He said with his famous Todd Smith smirk. I simply shrugged, not meeting his eyes.

"So you're going to ditch?" He asked and I shrugged again.

"I have no idea what to do anymore Todd" I whispered and his smirk dropped, a serious look taking over his face.

"You're not just talking about school today, are you?" He asked, me shaking my head.

"What the hell happened since last night?" He asked, coming over to the couch and sitting down next to me.

"It's, uh. It's nothing" I said with a shrug, attempting to stand up. Todd grabbed my arm and pulled me back down.

"It's not nothing Holt it's something. Something big. Talk to me" He said. Something in me snapped and I looked at him, annoyance on my face.

"Talk to you? Talk to you?! What makes you think you're the one I want to share my secrets with Todd Smith? You've been nothing but a prick to me since the day we met, I wouldn't open up to you in a million years" I said, standing to my feet, grabbing my keys and leaving.

God! School with Heath has got to be better than opening up to Todd.

I parked my car with only one minute till homeroom, angrily walking my way through the halls of the school. I walked right in and sat down between Heath and Zane, not saying a word.

"Mind telling me where the hell you were this morning?" Heath asked and I shrugged, not looking at him.

"Not really, maybe later when you're not an asshole and I'm not a bitch" I said.

"Jeez Holt, what the fuck crawled up your ass?" Zane asked.

"None of your God damn business Hijazi" I snapped, everyone around us watching on in suspense.

"Alright, you need a fucking attitude check" Zane hissed at me and I shrugged.

"I need time to be alone. I can't get that unless you agree to leave me alone. Both of you. All of you" I said and Zane looked to Heath who shrugged.

"She wants us to leave her alone then we'd better leave her the fuck alone" Heath said.

I pulled out my phone and sent him a text.

to: Heath
from: Allie

'I swear, I'll be in a better mood later. I need to think.'

He checked it and I heard him snicker a little before receiving his reply.

to: Allie
from: Heath

'How are you gonna manage that? we're in all your classes'

I rolled my eyes at his expected smart ass reply before typing again.

to: Heath
from: Allie

'Look, I know. But just do me a favour and make sure they don't talk to me. Please. We can talk once I'm calmed down but right now, I'm not exactly thinking straight'

I heard him sighed next to me before his hand ever so secretly rested on my thigh for a brief moment, him telling me he understood.