62. Let You In

When Saturday finally rolled around, I woke early and left the house unbeknownst to anyone. I quietly looked into Heath's room to find him still asleep and snoring softly. I knew he'd sleep in because we had stayed up late last night watching movies, the way we spend almost every Friday night. I was certain I'd be back before he woke up, I mean it was 6:30 in the morning after all.

So just as the sun was rising, I was in my car driving somewhere I wouldn't be noticed.

When I finally felt I was hidden enough, I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Scott.

to: Scott
from: Holt

'Please answer my call. I promise no one's around me'

I sent it and then dialled his number and waited.

After about the tenth ring, just after I had given up all hope, the ringing stops and I heard a deep sigh on the other end.

"Holt" Scott's voice came and I felt the tears well up in my eyes, involuntarily of course. I guess subconsciously I was worried about him even though I knew he'd be okay.

"Thank god, are you okay?" I asked and he laughed.

"Didn't the guys tell you I do this shit all the fucking time? I'm fine now leave me alone" He said.

"Wait, don't hang up!" I begged and I heard another sigh.

"What?" He asked, somewhat ticked off.

"Where are you? I want to talk" I asked and he laughed.

"Nice try Holt, I'm not an idiot" He said.

"I never said you were. But if you keep bottling your feelings up, you will be. Now tell me where the fuck you are or come meet me somewhere." I said, asserting my commands a little more.

"What makes you think you're the one I want to share my secrets with Alissa Holt? I wouldn't open up to you in a million years" He said, showing me he had heard about the conversation between Todd and I.

"I still apologised for saying that and then opened up" I said, the other end of the line quiet for a long time.

"Scott, please. Let me in. No one else even has to know. Heath thinks I'm leaving you alone and I'd kind of like to get back before he wakes up so he keeps thinking that" I said.

"Why can't you just leave me alone Holt?" He almost pleaded. I say almost because I know the person Scotty Sire is and he's not one to plead, nor beg.

"Because I care about you Scott. I care about all of you but I care about you because of how much you've done for me" I said and he laughed.

"All I've done for you? Threatened you, tormented you and flipped your entire life upside down? You're welcome" He sneered. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"No, not those things. I'm talking about letting me into your room that night, respecting my conditions, saving me from my brother. Hell, letting me into the group in the first place. You've only ever been good to me Scott and we both know it's not because I'm a girl, it's something more" I said.

Yet another long silence followed but he finally spoke just as I opened my mouth to hang up.

"Meet me at that abandoned bridge forest, that one you took photos at. I'll be there in ten minutes" He said, before hanging up.

Well what a mixture of emotions.

I was thrilled that he trusted me enough to meet up with me, I was smug about the fact that I had gotten through to him but I was also nervous and scared about what could happen, why he agreed with hardly any egging on. I also didn't particularly want to know how he knew about the abandoned bridge forest but I wasn't going to ask, not in this lifetime anyway.