17. Back to Bedlam, I Mean Reality

The next morning I woke up, entangled with Heath and still on the couch.

I groaned and sat up, trying to un-knot our legs, accidentally waking him in the process.

"Huh?" He muttered and I stopped.

"Sorry, my alarm went off. And my back is sore" I said, sitting up and cracking it loudly.

"What time is it?" He mumbled and I laughed.

"Early, it's 6:45. I just wanted to make sure I was awake." I said and he sat up.

"Perfect timing" He grumbled, stretching.

"This couch isn't as comfy as I remember" He muttered, standing.

"I slept like a log but I'm a little sore today" I said and he laughed a little.

"Shower's yours if you want it first" He said and I nodded as he handed me a towel and pointed me towards the bathroom.

Washing my hair looked as though it was going to be difficult, with both the cast and the lack of shampoo, so I tied it in a bun, albeit a very crappy one, instead and continued my shower.

I didn't particularly like the idea of getting back into my clothes from last night but knew it wouldn't be for long as Heath was literally taking me home soon.

It still felt weird that we'd kissed then spent the night together. I mean, there was nothing sexual going on but it was still the closest I'd ever been to having a boyfriend and I had to admit it felt pretty nice.

I just hoped he was right about it all working out. I can't see it happening but then again, Heath is full of surprises so I've learnt over the last two weeks.

"Are you drowning in there?" Heath's voice came through the door.

"Only in my thoughts" I called back, shutting off the water and wrapping myself in the towel.

I grabbed my clothes and walked out.

"I'll get changed in the room" I suggested as he gawked at my almost naked body.

"Problem?" I asked and he shook himself out of it, looking at my face instead.

"There's clean sweats and a shirt on my bed if you don't want to wear dirty shit" He said, basically reading my mind.

"Thanks" I said, walking off to the room. I didn't like the idea of David knowing I had been in here so I just got dressed and let my hair down before realising I had left my glasses in the bathroom. I sighed and walked over to the door, knocking.

"I was going to say who is it but I think I already know" He said.

"Do you have the curtain pulled?" I asked.

"Come in and find out" He said and I could almost see the smirk on his face.

"Heath, I'm serious! I left my glasses in there"

"Then you won't even see anything even if you wanted to" He laughed.

"Heath" I said in a warning tone.

"Yeah yeah, I'm covered" He said as I walked in.

"My clothes look good on you though" He said, his head popping out of the shower curtain.

"Hurry up" I said with a laugh as I walked out.

When Heath finally emerged from the shower, I was sitting on the couch ready to go.

"Were you drowning in there?" I asked in a joking voice.

"Oh ha ha, you ready to go?" He said, starting sarcastic then genuinely asking me a question.