61. Not Your Monkeys Alissa.

TIME JUMP: THURSDAY

It was currently Thursday and none of us had seen Scott since before the weekend.

Now Scott Sire was one to go off on ditching benders and just not come in, so for three days none of us even thought twice about why he wasn't at school Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'll admit I was curious the entire time but not worried, not until Wednesday night. And I told Elton about it, claiming I wasn't worried for his life or even his safety but more for his emotions and what he might have been going through. Everyone else around me convinced me this was completely normal. He'd go off and do his own thing for a week when he was dealing with tough stuff, then he'd come back and everything would go back to 'normal'

But as usual, I wasn't so convinced. And the only person who wouldn't convince me Scott was fine was Elton, he'd just listen. He knew I didn't want to hear what everyone else thought, but what he thought was similar anyway.

He told me that He had witnessed Scott do this in the past and he would always be gone for a while then just reappear. Sometimes being gone for a week at a time.

That didn't stop me wondering, in fact it fuelled what I was thinking.

I said nothing though, knowing it wasn't my place and before I knew it we were leaving school on a Thursday afternoon to go hang out at Heath's, us two, Elton and Zane. But someone standing in front of our cars stopped that from happening.

"Sheila?" Todd said, in disbelief. I recognised the name, Elton having told me bits about Scott's family so I knew this was his mom.

"Hi Todd, boys" She said, looking to me.

"Alissa, I'm assuming?" She asked and I offered a single nod, my hand slipping into Heath's.

"Scotty not come home yet?" Zane asked and she shook her head.

"We fought on Friday night and he pissed off. I haven't seen him since and I know this time was different because of the words we said to each other. He's gone and I don't know where to find him" She said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"He's done this a lot Sheila, are you sure this time is different?" Todd asked carefully, so not to upset her and taking me by surprise. She laughed and shook her head.

"This is definitely different. I was the one that told him to leave and he vowed he wouldn't be back. He hasn't answered a single call or replied to a single text. I know he can handle himself out there but I need to know he's alive." She said, the boys nodding.

"Okay, we'll try getting in contact with him. Although recently he hasn't exactly been buddy-buddy with any of us" David said and Heath squeezed my hand.

"Thank you boys, Please just let me know he's safe" She said, somewhat exasperated. Which I couldn't believe after the way Scott talked about his mother and their relationship. I thought they truly disliked each other's happiness so much. I guess real parents will always be there for their kids.

Heath could feel me tensing up, he knew how I was feeling. I felt his grip on me tighten and him slowly usher me a little closer to him so we were touching. His arm moved to around my waist and I sighed deeply, thankful he was here for me.

Scott's mom left and Heath turned to Zane and Elton.

"Can one of you drive my truck back to m place? I'll drive Al in her car" He said. I looked at him as though he had just told me the grass was purple.

"You're going to let them drive your truck?" I asked in disbelief. Heath nodded.

"It's either let them drive my truck or your car. I think I know which one you'd prefer." He said and I shook my head, releasing from his embrace rather reluctantly.