107. What Next?

ZANE:

I'm such an asshole.

I kiss Elton, admit I have feelings for him, come out to a few of my friends and then ignore him and pretend like it never happened.

I've ignored him since it all happened yesterday and I don't know how much longer I can keep it up. I left his house not long after Heath did yesterday and haven't text him back or answered his calls since.

And what did my smart mouth say when he confronted me about it at school this morning?

Sorry, lost my phone. Late for homeroom.

That's all I fucking said! Then I sat and tried to make conversation with Heath and Allie who was way too busy doing homework to notice I was having a shitty time and didn't know what to do about my life at the moment.

But of course as soon as the bell went, Allie was straight out the door. And of course, the first person I see is Elton as I enter the hallway. I think he understood I didn't want to talk about anything when I met his eyes and quickly turned as though I hadn't seen him.

I sighed to myself as I sat down in my next class, my phone vibrating with a text from Elton.

to: Zane
from: Elton

'I get that you don't want to talk, I'm here when you do'

Fuck! What did I do to deserve a friend so understanding? He didn't kiss me, I kissed him. He didn't ask me to lie, I asked him. He never did anything to me and he was still so kind to me. I was being the biggest cunt to him and he didn't deserve it.

I shook my head as I put my phone away.

David walked into the room and sat next to me. I then remembered that while Heath, Alissa, Elton and Scott all knew this about me, David and Todd had no clue. And nor did anyone else. So I couldn't be upset about it here because how do I explain that to David?

"Hey" He said as he sat.

"Hi" I replied, not really meeting his eyes.

"What crawled up your ass?" He asked as he pulled out his books, something even I hadn't done yet. I began to do the same as I shrugged.

"Why does anything need to be up my ass?" I all but snapped. David held his hands up in defeat without another word.

"Shit man, I'm sorry. I'm just, stressed I guess" I said as he shrugged.

"I think we're all at that stage." He said.

"What's got you stressed?" I asked and he laughed.

"Like I'm allowed to tell you. And like you'd tell me what's going on with you in return." He said as both of our phones vibrated with matching texts from Scotty in our group text we rarely used.

to: Hijazi, Dobrik, Hussar, Smith, Holt
from: Sire

'Be at the place at 3:30. There are things to discuss'

"Shit this is important if Scotty's using the group text" I said. David didn't even hear what I had said, he was shaking his head and putting his phone away.

"How serious is this?" I asked.

"Just be there this afternoon, Scotty will explain it all. If he doesn't, Alissa will" He said. And with that he turned to the front of the room and didn't speak another word to me for the rest of the period.

Which in hindsight I was thankful for. That way I wouldn't be badgered into accidentally telling David something I wasn't even sure I wanted him to know.