86. There Have Been Worse Days

It wasn't until we pulled into the police station that I remembered what had happened this morning. Thankfully Scott was with me to calm me down because God knows how that could have turned out.

"Holt, relax. All we need to do is tell them what happened. These guys already know about Heath and Todd's past. Their moms made sure to let them know. You've got no one to protect and nothing to worry about" He said and I laughed.

"You're basically telling me not to lie. I didn't think you were capable of something like that" I joked as he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, let's go" He said, parking the car and climbing out.

"I can't believe you trust me to drive your car" He joked as we walked in and I shrugged.

"I don't. But I don't trust me either at the moment." I said and he smiled before sighing.

"I'm sorry for ruining your Christmas" He said and I looked at him.

"Is that what you think? That my Christmas is suddenly ruined because it didn't go as planned? Because you're wrong" I said and he laughed, probably to stifle some sort of emotion.

"Relax Holt, I'm a big boy. I can handle the truth." He joked and I shrugged.

"Well the truth is I've enjoyed this Christmas because you've been real with me and as far as I'm concerned, that's a Christmas miracle" I joked back as he rolled his eyes.

"You're an idiot" He said as he shoved me towards the front desk.

"May I help you?" The lady at the reception asked.

"Yeah we have to meet with some cops today, regarding Kameron Kennedy" Scott spoke for the both of us.

"Uh-huh, what are your names?" She asked.

"Scott Sire and Alissa Holt" He said. She began to look confused but a voice caught her attention.

"Alissa?" Officer Wegner's voice came. I wondered if he knew what happened.

"Hi Officer Wegner" I replied, somewhat shakily.

"I'm guessing you two are here to talk about today?" He asked, answering my questing of whether he knew or not.

"Yeah, we went back to my house and relaxed for a while but figured we needed to get this over and done with" Scot explained, thankfully speaking up for me as I was more anxious than ever.

"I'll take them from here Mary, thank you" He said to the lady in the reception. She nodded once and went back to her computer as Officer Wegner lead us through the station to an office.

"Shouldn't we be in an interrogation room or something?" I asked as Officer Wegner laughed.

"You've seen too many movies Alissa. We only talk to dangerous perp and perp suspects in the interrogation rooms. You two are the victims here so we can sit in an office. Officer Boice's office to be exact." He said as the aforementioned Officer Boice walked in.

"So Officer Wegner obviously didn't witness what happened today but he is very familiar both with Kameron Kennedy and Scott Sire's files" Officer Boice said as Officer Wegner nodded. I looked to Scott, almost surprised although I knew I shouldn't have been. Of course Scott has a criminal record.

"I didn't get away with it every time" He whispered and I stifled back a laugh.

"So Alissa, is it true you weren't aware of Heath's involvement with Kameron until today?" Officer Wegner asked and I shook my head as Scott looked on in worry. I knew he would be afraid of how I'd react to talking about Heath no doubt.