111. Through Thick And Thin

I drove by Zane's quickly just to double check they weren't there but immediately pulled over at the sight of Todd's truck in the drive. I saw the three of them packing things onto the back of it as I climbed out of my car and walked over.

"Alissa?" Todd's confused voice said, making the other two look up out of curiosity.

"Holt, what are you doing here?" Scott asked.

"I wanted to, first of all, thank you guys for going over and talking to Cori for me. Heath called and basically said sorry he had to go and then hung up. And I worked some shit out" I said in one go, in an attempt to explain my whirlwind afternoon.

"Oh yeah? And what shit would that be?" Todd asked as I turned to Zane.

"I talked to Cori. She said you're more than welcome to stay with us until you find somewhere more permanent or until you graduate" I said as Zane's eyes grew wide.

"She what? Seriously?" He asked and I nodded.

"I mean, you don't really have a lot of other places to go besides the place and I figured you don't want to be there. It's gross at night" I said and he shook his head, eyes still wide in amazement.

"We give you every reason to hate us and you still come through" He said and I shrugged.

"You guys are my friends right? Friends are there for each other" I said and they all looked at each other then back to me.

"We haven't exactly been the greatest friends to you though" Todd said.

"And yet you've always been there for us" Zane added.

"We seriously don't deserve you" Scott finished as I shrugged again.

"Well, I don't care. Now lets get this stuff to the Hussar's house, go pick David up, head to the place and hang out as friends" I said, not believing the words that were coming out of my mouth.

"Yeah, I don't think David's in the mood to hang out with us" Todd said.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"Rumours are him and Liza aren't together anymore and he's taking it harder than she is" Todd explained as the other two and I looked at him and to each other.

"God, are we such bad friends we don't even notice when one of us gets dumped?" Zane asked.

"I knew something was off with him but I was so wrapped up in Heath's dumb decision making I never asked" Scott said and I laughed a little nervously.

"Yeah, you and me both" I muttered slightly. He looked apologetic but as expected didn't actually say anything to me.

"So what do we do?" Todd asked.

"Well if you three want to start being nice to your friends then we go around to his house and ask him to hang out with us." I suggested as they laughed.

"Seriously Holt, it's like you don't even know us" Scott said.

"I know it's not the normal thing for you boys but you asked what we should do and this is what good friends do for each other" I said as they laughed a little more. I think the more they realised I was serious, the quieter the laughs got until al they were doing was coughing awkwardly.

"Do we have to go to his house?" Todd all but complained. I held my ground, folding my arms as I nodded.

"We're good friends, we need to prove that when one of our friends needs us" I said, walking towards my car. I was followed by only Scott which I had expected in all honesty. It was like an unspoken thing seeing as the options were him be squished with Todd and Zane in Todd's truck or come with me.