32. Heath

HEATHS POV:

Holy shit.

I mean, I was glad Allie and mom had met but wow that was an experience.

I was terrified of what could happen between them, afraid mom was going to chew Allie out or Allie was going to freak out and not be herself. Thank fuck it went well.

After Allie left, my mom walked over to me.

"Hey momma" I said and she smiled, hugging me.

"She's a nice girl Baby" She said and I smiled back.

"She sure is" I said, still standing at the window even though Allie had driven away at least three minutes ago.

"Come on, you and I need to chat" She said, leading me into the living room.

"Mark, Shane, Y'all need to leave while I talk to Heath" She said and my dad and brother sighed and stood, exiting the room.

"What's up?" I asked and she sighed, looking down.

"Momma, don't play with me. What's wrong?" I asked.

"Her arm." She said, looking at me. Now it was my turn to let my head fall.

I had told my mom that Zane had broken a girls arm and that's why I beat him up, me telling her basically anything going on between the guys and I.

But I left out the part of Allie being that girl.

"I forgot I told you that. It was before we got together. Like a few days before. She got the cast the afternoon we got together." I said, in an attempt to explain myself

"I don't care that you didn't tell me it was her. I care that Zane did that to her. Now that I know this girl and know her heart, know how much she's changed my baby, it hurts me to think that your friend would do that" She said and I nodded.

"Heath I don't think you understand how much I care for that girl. She's the source of your change in attitude. And while up until now it wasn't anything to be desired, today I saw a new person in you with her around. A kid I'd like to see more often" She said.

"Look, When this happened no one knew that I liked her, Scotty was still out to get her and she wasn't one of us. Things are different now and Zane's apologised to her for it" I said, half making the last part up. I knew he was sorry but as far as I knew, he hadn't actively apologised to Allie for breaking her wrist.

"I believe you Heath. But it doesn't change the fact that Zane actually did that to her." She said and I nodded.

"So no more letting him stay?" I guessed and she sighed.

"I don't want to do that, I know he's having a difficult time with the divorce. But I would like to talk to Alissa about it" She said and I shook my head.

"She can't know that you know Zane did it. No one can but especially not her" I protested and she looked at me as though I had just sworn at her.

"Excuse me?" She asked and I sighed.

"Look, mom. You know I love you and respect the shit out of you. But if Allie finds out that you know what Zane did, she'll only freak out." I said and she looked at me.

"What do you mean?" She asked, me mentally cursing.

"She'll, well. She'll think that you found out through the grapevine. She'll think that means more people know and based on what she's seen of us, she'll think it's spreading. She only just got into a good place with Zane since the start of the semester and her knowing you know will ruin that. She's going through enough as it is" I said as mom looked at me, confused. I sighed yet again.

"Going through enough?" She asked and I nodded.

"She hasn't told me the full story but something's going on at home and she won't tell me, not for a while." I explained, mom sighing.

"Look, I trust her. I know you trust her but I need to you trust me too. That I know what I'm doing when it comes to her and her happiness" I begged. Mom looked at me for a long time before nodding.

"Okay Heath, I trust you." She said in a quiet voice and I smiled.

"Thank you momma" I said as she pulled me into a hug.

I wish I could know what was going on in people's heads. Whatever Allie's going through, I just want to know for the sake of knowing why she's upset. It killed me that she couldn't tell me yet. But I did trust her and I know she'll keep her word.

Still, it made me wish I could read minds sometimes.

"What's on your mind baby?" Mom asked and I sighed, shrugging.

"I just want to know what she's thinking half the time" I said and my mom laughed.

"Said every man about every woman" She said and I had to smile at that.

"I guess, I'm just getting used to this feeling. I've never once cared what another person thought about" I said and she smiled, tears springing to her eyes.

"I told her not to hurt you. I'm telling you the same. Heath, that girl is a precious ray of light in your dark little world. Don't mess it up" She said and I noddded.

"I know momma, I won't" I promised and she smiled, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"That's my baby boy" She said, walking away and leaving me alone.

I took out my phone and text Allie, even though she was just here. I only wanted her.

to: Allie
from:Heath

'Thank you for tonight baby, i really needed it x'

I set my phone down as I waited for her to reply.

ALISSAS POV:

I heard my phone vibrate as I pulled into my driveway. I smiled as I read the text from Heath.

to: Allie
from: Heath

'Thank you for tonight baby, i really needed it x'

I smiled as I typed my reply, walking through my front door.

to: Heath
from: Allie

'You're most welcome :) thanks for not being as much of a prick'

"Where the fuck have you been Alissa?" A voice all but screamed at me, scaring the crap out of me.

NEW POINT OF VIEW SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAT??