29. Huh, Weird

Again, I had more important things to worry about than Elton's reaction to all of this.

I was petrified of Gym, specifically the locker room. It was a lot smaller scale than lunch and  those girls definitely knew Heath and I were together now, granted I had been to one to confirm it. I had done that because I was sick of feeling guilty for dating him. I felt as though the entire school saw me as a hypocritical bitch who just wanted to get with Heath for his social status but that couldn't be further from the truth.

I guess in the end, this all happened in a way I didn't want it to and I was just going to have to deal with the consequences. Had I just sat by and let them do their thing, not challenge them at all, none of this would have blown out of proportion and I wouldn't be the infamous Alissa Holt I had recently become.

Then again, had none of this happen I wouldn't have gotten with Heath and I wouldn't have found, dare I say it, friendship in these five boys. Well, four. I still wasn't sure how I stood with Scotty yet.

So my emotions right now were in a bit of a blender. Everything was spinning really fast and it felt like everything was contradicting and caving in on itself. Needless to say, it's making me dread more than I should.

The standing up to the entire school did help briefly. But just looking into the eyes of Elton and seeing how hurt he looked was enough to bring it back, harder and larger than before.

I sighed as I closed my locker, heading to Gym, barely making it to the lockers in time.

"Holt, you're late" Mr Fowler said.

"Probably too busy fucking Heath in the bathrooms" Some guy said and I snapped my head up to look at him. I knew Zane and Todd were also glaring at him.

I thought I was going to actually have to physically restrain them, which would NOT go well.

"Alright, shut up. We're going to be working on our long distance running today" Mr Fowler said and I sighed in relief, thankful that if need be I could keep ahead of everyone.

"You're joking"

"Sir that's not fair."

"Holt's happy"

"She's probably fucking Fowler too"

"Shut your fucking mouth, okay? She's a human being for god's sake. She has ears and feelings so fuck off before I make you all" Zane all but yelled at everyone. Todd stood behind him, indicating that he backed him up.

Miraculously, the entire class stopped and Mr Fowler told us to get into some running.

"Thanks" I said to Todd and Zane, who both shrugged.

"You're one of us remember" Zane whispered.

"And we do anything for our boys" Todd said with a smirk as we began to run.

When Mr Fowler blew the whistle, we all gathered around him.

"Dodge-ball tournament will be Thursday. Remember Holt and Miller are our two captains" He said, dismissing us. I walked off to the locker room, not bothering to shower and change because every eye was already gawking at me. I ran into Todd and Zane, who had met up with Heath, the four of us walking towards the parking lot as Heath wrapped his arm around me.

"No, I'm sweaty" I said, pulling away as I checked my phone.

to: Alissa
from: David

'I really need help with Chemistry today'

"Are you tutoring?" Heath asked and I nodded.