38. Yes Officer?

I forgot the way yesterday happened momentarily as I walked to Heath's tuck after school. But then the reality came flooding back to me, hitting me hard and stopping me dead in my tracks for a split second.

"Everything okay?" Heath asked and I nodded.

"I just forgot about yesterday and what's happening now" I whispered and his grip on my hand tightened.

"When do you get that damn thing off?" He asked, looking to my arm.

"In like a week, it's fucking me off so much" I said, the clunky fiberglass more trouble than you'd think.

"Hey, are you sure you're good?" Heath asked and I shrugged.

"I want all this family crap to be over as soon as possible." I whispered and he sighed, pulling me in and kissing the top of my head.

The last three weeks have been eventful to say the least.

"Come on, dad just text me and said they're there with the cops. We gotta go baby" Heath said, pulling me to his truck. I nodded and went along with it, looking up and catching the eye of Elton who watched on as I climbed into Heath's truck and allowed him to drive us in the opposite direction to mine and Elton's houses.

We pulled up to his house and saw the police car parked outside and I felt my stomach flip.

"Al, everything's going to be fine. I promise" Heath soothed, grabbing my hand. I snatched it away and looked at him.

"How can you promise something like that? You have no damn clue!" I snapped, taking us both by surprise.

"I get it, you're stressed" Heath said, releasing my hand and then exiting the truck.

Fuck, good one Holt.

I hit my head on the headrest and sighed deeply before finally climbing out of the car.

"Hey babies, how did school go?" Cori asked as soon as we walked through the door.

"Can we get this over and done with?" Heath muttered, throwing his bag down.

"Bag, room, now. Check your attitude as well. Come out when you're not going to be an ass" Cori said and Heath sighed, picking his bag up and heading towards his room.

"What's with him?" Cori asked.

"I snapped at him in the car, he's just throwing a tantrum." I muttered, realising perhaps I shouldn't be talking to my boyfriend's mother about my boyfriend like that.

"That boy, he'll come right. Don't you worry about his too much Allie" Cori said, pulling me into a hug which both calmed me and shocked me.

"Come on, lets go speak to these policemen" She said, leading me into the dining room.

"Alissa? Hi I'm Officer Jay Boice and this is my buddy Officer Joe Wegner. We just want to ask you a few questions." One of the men said.

Holy shit.

I thought cops were supposed to be old, middle aged men who hate their jobs. You know, fat, donut eating weirdos.

These two were drop dead gorgeous and I let my mouth fall open in shock.

"You two look kinda young to be cops" I said and they laughed.

"We get that a lot, we're fresh out of cop college" The smiling one said, I think he was Officer Boice? God I was too damn distracted.

I took a seat and looked to them.

"So when did all of this family trouble begin?" One of them asked.