19. Cut The Crap

As expected, whispers about me were heard all through the rest of the day. Every time Gabbie saw me, she'd glare at me as though I actually had gotten with Zane.Which made me want to throw up, just thinking about it.

Amazingly, the boys didn't bother me for the rest of the day and the only conversation I had with any of them was when Heath text me and asked if I'd still tutor them.

to: Heath
from: Allie

'Why should I? Scotty frustrates me too much'

to: Allie
from: Heath

'I know, after you blew up he tried to leave you alone. That's why we ignored you for the rest of your classes'

I rolled my eyes before typing my reply

to: Heath
from: Allie

'Fine. But I'm only doing this for you, no one else. Okay?'

to: Allie
from: Heath

'Thank you Allie Baby x'

I smiled to myself and put my phone in my pocket.

"What are you smirking at?" Gabbie asked me, strutting towards me.

"I have twenty minutes left of school this week, that excites me more than anything else ever will" I said and she glared at me.

"I heard about your blow up at Heath. The entire school did. I don't know why you'd even mention considering him, he'd never consider you." She snarled and I sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness, I'd rather kill myself than be with him. Or anyone at this school as a matter of fact" I said and she looked me up and down.

"What about that nerd that you sit with at lunch?" She asked.

"Elton? He's the only person in this entire school that's not convinced I'm an idiot. I'll take friends where I can get them" I said.

"Get used to it Holt, he'll be the only one you ever have in this hell hole. I can guarantee it. I'll mention it to Zaney and he'll drop a few hints to Scott then you're finished" She threatened.

"If you think you scare me, you've got another thing coming. Boys might be above hitting girls in this place but I'm not." I threatened back, earning a taken aback look from Gabbie Hanna; something I didn't think would exist.

"Although boys here aren't actually above hitting girls. Or is that just me?" I said, knowing Todd was in earshot.

"They're not monsters Alissa, don't over exaggerate." Gabbie scoffed.

"Tell that to your boyfriend who broke my arm" I shot back, quietly enough so only Gabbie, Todd and I heard.

"If you let that out, you're history" Gabbie hissed, getting really close.

"I'm not an idiot Gabbie, I'm not about to broadcast it. But your 'man'? He's a monster and I hope one day he hurts you just as bad, so you realise I was not only right but that you were also too late" I whispered harshly, wondering if I had really wished for her boyfriend to abuse her or not.

I turned back to my work without another word to Gabbie, waiting for the bell to go so I could get the hell out of here.

Eventually it did and I quickly packed my things and walked towards the car park, being stopped by Scotty.