94. I Feel Like Shit

ALISSA:

"Holy shit you look like Hell" Was the first thing Scott Sire said to me when he walked into the place.

"I needed a place to study and a change in scenery so please leave me alone and go about your afternoon" I said, not looking up from my book.

"Seriously Holt, you look awful" He said, walking over to me.

"Scott, not now" I all but begged.

"Are you sick?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I'm sick okay? But I need to study and I didn't leave being fussed over by Heath just to end up being fussed over by you" I said, looking at him.

"Alissa I wouldn't sound worried if I wasn't. I think you need to go home and sleep" He said.

"I think you need to mind your own damn business for once and let me study" I snapped and he shrugged, sitting on the armchair and looking to me.

"What do you want?" I asked and he shrugged again.

"To be here. What do you want?" He asked.

"You're so annoying" I muttered, going back to my study.

"You can talk" He responded.

"Are you just going to sit here and pester me? Because I'd prefer it if you didn't" I said as he shrugged.

"I'm going to sit here because it's my place and I can sit here all I want." He said. I said nothing and went back to my text book. So long as he said nothing either, this could be tolerable.

But of course, Scott Sire can't resist.

"Why are you studying when you're sick anyway? You know this shit with your eyes closed" He said. I knew he was being nonchalant but I was not handling the idea of failing a class well and I was also not in my right frame of mind with this sickness.

"Well I don't and I'd quite like to make sure I'm ahead this semester so that in case any little dramas decide to pop up, I'm not going to be the idiot that fails their senior year. Also if you could keep the shit to a minimum until I leave this fucking joke of a school, that'd be much appreciated." I said, in the most sarcastic tone I could muster.

"Damn Holt, what's your problem?" He asked and I sighed, slamming my book shut and looking up at him.

"My problem is my grades. Which in Chemistry at the moment are at a C-. That's a grade I've never had before Scott and not one I want to keep. I need to get it up so I can get out of here and go to college not feeling like a fucking failure. Now leave me the fuck alone and let me study!" I all but yelled at him. I looked back down at my book, not even wanting to imagine his reaction to all of this. But Scott simply sighed and pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?" I asked, wondering why he hadn't chewed me out or better yet left. He looked up from his phone and shrugged.

"I'm sitting here on my phone, what are you doing?" He counteracted.

"I meant why are you just sitting there on your phone after I yelled at you?" I asked. He shrugged again and I found myself hating the motion so much more in this moment.

"Because you're sick and irritable, the falling asleep is inevitable. And I'm here to make sure you don't fall asleep and get killed" He said. I scoffed.

"I'm not gonna fall asleep and even if I did, I'm not gonna get killed Scott" I said and he looked me dead in the eye, uncrossing his legs and leaning forward.

"Last time we were here you almost got shot. Do I look like an idiot who's gonna let that happen again?" He said in a quiet tone. I gulped at the realisation of what the place signified in my life now, a place of danger.

"Fine, whatever. Just don't annoy me" I muttered and he chuckled slightly.

"Wouldn't dream of it" He muttered back.

About twenty minutes later I looked up at him.

"Let me take a guess, you're too tired to continue?" He asked.

"No" I said with a scowl.

Actually, yes.

"What then? Need to throw up?" He asked again.

"No" I replied.

Also yes.

"Holt stop being so damn stubborn and let me drive you home. Or at least go to one of the rooms and take a nap" Scott said and I sighed.

"Fine. I'll go sleep." I said, giving in and calling Heath.

"Hey I'm at the place with Fuckface Sire who won't leave me alone and who I won't let drive me home so I'm taking a nap here and if anything happens to me, blame Scott" I said as Scott rolled his eyes at me.

"Do you want me to come get you?" He asked, sounding a little lonely to be honest.

"It's fine, I'll be home in the next hour or so. I just need a quick power nap" I said with a reassuring tone. Well I did just need a small power nap really, get enough energy to get myself home without the help of Scott Sire. I already hated admitting he was right, having him have to drive me home would be my nightmare come true.

"Alright baby, I trust you. If you're not awake in the next two hours then I'm coming to get you and bring you home myself" He said and I nodded.

"I'll be fine, I love you" I said and he sighed on the other end.

"I love you too Al, a fucking lot okay?" He said and I laughed a little.

"Okay Heath, I believe you. See ya later" I said, hanging up and looking at Scott.

"So nap time?" He asked in a condescending tone.

"Don't start with me, I'm so not in the mood" I said, standing and walking towards Heath's 'room' at the place, which made me kind of uneasy to know David also slept in this bed from time to time.

Although as I laid my head on the pillow it was obvious that David didn't spend nearly as much time here as Heath did as the pillow lingered with Heath's scent. I inhaled it and allowed my thoughts to turn off and my body to drift into a deep sleep.

God I really hated being sick.

Short chapter and kind of ironic as I'm kind of sick right at this moment. I just went home over the easter break and didn't take my laptop so it was hard to not be writing but we'll be back into routine updates soon hopefully!