95. This Is It

When I finally woke up again, it wasn't on my own accord but rather Scott's. He was shoving me awake and I didn't really appreciate it.

"Fuck off if you know what's good for you" I muttered and he shoved me harder.

"You've been asleep for almost two hours. Heath's gonna be here if you don't tell him you're awake" He said and I groaned, sitting up.

"And? I'd prefer it because it means I'd be getting away from you faster" I said, throwing the blankets off and storming out of the room. Admittedly my nap had worked and I felt a lot better. But thanks to Scott I only felt better physically because emotionally he was driving me crazy.

"Why are you being such a bitch? All I did was wake you up before your overprotective boyfriend got here" He said.

"I wouldn't have cared if Heath came and picked me up like he said he would because it shows he cares. He's not overprotective, he loves me. The sooner you accept that, the better" I said, packing up my things before calling Heath.

"Al? You okay?" He asked and I laughed.

"Yeah baby, I'm fine. I just woke up and feel so much better so I'm heading home now. I'll see you in the next ten minutes" I said, hanging up and heading for the door.

"Do you really think you should drive?" Scott asked.

"So now you want to try care about me?" I asked, looking back at him.

"I've always cared about you" He said.

"When? You've got a funny way of showing it if you have" I said.

"You think you'd be in the boys or even alive right now if I hadn't at least thought you were okay?" He asked.

"We are not doing this now. What happened to the Scott I knew at Christmas? That Scott cared" I said.

"Well that Scott thought there wasn't any competition" He muttered.

"What?" I asked, turning and looking at him.

"Nothing, just fuck off" He said, turning away.

"No, what do you mean he thought there was no competition?" I asked, walking closer to him.

"Get out of here Holt, before I punch you" He said.

"You mean Heath is your competition?" I asked and he avoided my eyes.

"Get. Out" He said, turning away.

"Scott, do you like me?" I asked, further confusing myself.

There was no way in hell Scott liked me. There couldn't even be the possibility. I mean, look at how last year went and how he treated me. And I thought he was with Kristen anyway.

He still had his back turned to me so I couldn't see his face.

"Scott, answer me" I almost demanded. I say almost because I was still kinda scared of him and what he could do to me.

"Please" I begged and he turned to me.

"No Holt, I don't like you. I don't know where you got that dumb idea from. You're the last person I'd want to get with" He said, shoving me out of the way and heading for the door.

"But you said-" I began, turning to face him as he turned and walked right up to my face.

"I said nothing like that. You're wrong in what you're assuming. Why would someone like me like someone like you?" He said, pushing me away from him.

"Well then what did you mean by the Scott at Christmas thought he had no competition? Huh?" I taunted.

"God can't you tell when someone is trying to avoid an awkward fucking encounter?" He said, slamming his fist into the wall and leaving a decent hole.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Shut up Holt! Just shut your fucking face for one god damn minute and let me leave!" He yelled at me. I opened my mouth but he slammed his hand over it, scaring me slightly.

Okay maybe a little more than slightly.

"No, stop prying. You heard what you heard. You're not fucking dumb, you know what you know. I am denying it so to avoid talking about this with you because I don't want to. Now I'm gonna take my hand off your damn mouth and you're gonna keep it fucking shut until I'm out that door. And you're never going to tell anyone about what you know, ever. Got it?" He said and I nodded as he took his hand away.

"Seeing as you can't speak and you won't tell anyone about this I'm gonna say this now in case I never get the chance to later. I love you Alissa Holt" He said, leaving the place.

I so desperately wanted to confront this but I think I just avoided something I wanted to avoid so I let him leave.

I let him walk away from the most emotion I had ever experienced from him. And I'm sure it felt good to some degree to get that off his chest but it could not have come at a worse time. God damn it Alissa! You just can't seem to learn when enough is enough.

You just can't seem to learn.

SCOTT:

I'm the worlds biggest fucking dickhead.

I just admitted I loved Alissa Holt, moments after I slammed my hand over her mouth and threatened her.

She just had ways of setting me off and making me lash out. She was the most annoying person I had ever met.

Yet she intrigued me in a way that made me love her.

I just told her that I fucking loved her!

God Sire, you sure are an idiot.

You're also an idiot for actually believing she's going to keep it to herself. Hell she's probably driving to Heath's now to tell him everything. That's enough to send Heath over the edge and make him hit me.

I had been jumped by few people in my life, two of them being Zane and Todd when they found out I threatened Alissa. But one thing I always thanked my lucky stars for was the fact that so far Heath had never been one of the people to hit me. Because what most people didn't know is Heath was stronger than all of us.

That was the main reason I got him in the group in the first place. The second was to stop Zane's complaining. But Heath had never done my dirty work for me because he refused.

He's got such a good nature and I know it, he's good for her and he's one reason I'm never going to have her because he's not dumb enough to fuck it up and neither is she.

But Heath finding out that I threatened his girlfriend then admitted I loved her? Goodby good nature, hello hospital. Because she's the kind of person he wouldn't hesitate for. Someone like Alissa being afraid of me is enough.

And I knew she'd be telling him, I just knew it. She didn't really have a reason not to, just my pointless and empty threats.

I mean I already know she's not scared of me, given the way she stands up to me. She's definitely not. And if she's definitely not scared of me then Heath being scared of me is the biggest impossibility there is.

There is no way in hell I'm getting out of this without a broken nose.

WAIT

WHAT