53. Watch Your Back, Smith

After quickly realising Zane was not anywhere to be seen, I focused my attention back to the situation at hand. As in, Todd's hand flying towards my face.

The shock didn't let me move until his fist had connected with my chin.

Little did he know what I wanted to do to him from day one.

I quickly regained my composure and avoided his next punch, throwing one of my own to the side of his face, stunning him and making him stumble back. He looked on in surprise and I shrugged.

"You wanna fight me? Bring it the fuck on Smith" I spat and he laughed, lunging at me.

Soon enough, the two of us were rolling on the ground, fighting. Todd was tough but I was fast and angry so as we were pulled off each other, by Mr Fowler and Zane, it had been almost an even fight.

"What the hell is wrong with the two of you?" Fowler yelled. Zane had been the one to hold me back, knowing he may have to stand in if Todd lunged for me again.

"He's been nothing but an asshole to me since I met him. I've had enough" I yelled, shaking Zane off me and walking, well limping, away.

"Holt, get back here now" Fowler demanded. I stopped.

I considered saying no, I considered getting the hell out of there but I knew I couldn't let Todd think he'd won. So I turned and walked back. My face and body hurt like nothing else. I could taste blood in my mouth and felt it trickling down from my nose. One of my eyes was swelling shut and Todd didn't look much better than I did to be honest, which made me happy.

"You two are heading straight to Butler's office now" Fowler said, grabbing Todd's arm. Zane looked at Fowler.

"If you grab her, you'll lose an arm. Trust me" He said and Fowler sighed.

"Fine, you come with me" He said and walked ahead of Zane and I. Zane pulled out his phone, which I didn't know he had, and handed it over to me.

I sighed and sent a message to Heath first.

to: Heath
from: Zane

'It's Al. Todd and I just tried to beat the shit out of each other and Fowler's taking us to Butler's office. Don't go to town on him just yet, please'

I hit send before sending one to Scott as well.

to: Scotty
from: Zane

'Alissa here. Just got into a fight with Todd. I'll fucking kill him if he lays a hand on me again'

I handed the phone back to Zane, whose eyes went wide as he read what I had written to Scotty.

"He's mine, don't fucking touch him. None of you" I whispered and he nodded as we approached Principal Butler's office.

HEATH:

"What the fuck do you mean don't fucking kill him Zane?" I screamed at my best friend. We had all ditched class at the knowledge of Todd and Allie's fight and I was fucking fuming.

"When you see him, you'll get it. She knows what she's doing. He didn't beat her up, they fought." He explained. Well, tried to. I wasn't giving in though.

"I'll fucking murder him, I fucking warned him. Nobody touches her, nobody fucking harms her. You all knew that." I seethed.

"Heath calm down" David tried.