47. I Just Can't Lie

I finally managed to calm myself down enough to drive away but I didn't go to the Hussar's house. Instead I drove through town, pulling up to a familiar place.

I sighed and climbed out of the car, walking behind the building I had parked in front of, knocking on the familiar door I had been taken through a couple of weeks ago.

"Alissa Holt, welcome back" Romeo greeted me. I simply smiled and stepped inside.

"What can I do for you today?" He asked and I sighed.

"I guess I needed someone to talk to and I remembered you and what you told me last time. So I figured I'd get a little therapy as well as a new tattoo to kinda take my mind off shit" I said.

"I thought things were going really well though?" He asked, clearly confused. I laughed slightly, nodding.

"Things are great. It's just what happened this afternoon that I want to forget as well as get off my chest" I admitted.

"How about we talk tattoo designs first?" He suggested and I agreed.

For a sixteen year old kid, Romeo was very professional and skilled in what he did and I had to admit, I was very impressed.

"So what kind of design were you thinking?" He asked and I shrugged, flipping through his portfolio of work.

"I like your roses, they're amazing." I said and he grinned.

"A crowd favourite. Do you want one?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Where can I get it without Heath finding out?" I asked and his eyebrows raised.

"Long story, I'll tell you when that needle is on my skin" I promised and he nodded, no other words leaving his lips.

"Those ones are my favourite to do. And they're not too big so easily hide-able." Romeo said, pointing to a long stem minimalistic rose. I smiled.

"I love it, where do I get it though?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Not anywhere near your other one. Heath knows about that one and can see that one, probably not smart. Also no where that you can't see or reach. If you put it on your back, you may not be able to apply the cream afterwards which could lead to an infection." He said and I frowned.

"That's not exactly leaving me with a lot of places" I said and he shrugged.

"There are a few places you could hide it temporarily. Cause you do want him to find out, just not until you explain to him where you were tonight. Right?" He said and I nodded.

"We'd better make this quick before he finds out Scotty and I aren't studying" I said and he nodded.

"I'm thinking along your ribs, opposite side to your human one. That okay?" He asked and I nodded, pulling my shirt over my head and allowing him to begin the process. I decided to text Heath and tell him I'm going to go do a few things after I finish with Scott, hopefully he doesn't get too curious.

"So what happened this afternoon?" He asked and I sighed as the needle made contact with my skin.

"Shit, this doesn't get any easier" I muttered and Romeo laughed a little, continuing anyway.

"I got my cast off and was meant to meet Scott to study. I arrived and heard banging and walked in to find the place completely trashed. He told me to leave when I asked him what was wrong and I refused." I said.

"Dumb idea?" Romeo guessed and I laughed awkwardly.

"You could say that. He uh, held me up against the wall and threatened me a few times" I said.