97. Here Come The Horns

HEATH:

"Should we be worried that Scott's not here?" I asked at lunch that day. We had all been thinking it, seeing as before a bender he would tell at least one person something was up. And seeing as the five of us had heard nothing from him, we naturally worried.

Well Alissa didn't for some reason.

"He knows how to handle himself, he'll be alright. Now can we stop talking about Scott and start talking about someone interesting?" Al said. I wanted to laugh because I know she hates him but for some reason it seemed suspicious. So we all continued to be confused.

"What's going on with you two? Do you know something we don't?" Todd demanded, even though he knew it was pointless. Allie doesn't give in to our demands anymore.

"No, I don't keep stupid secrets like that. He's just in a mood, like always" She said and Zane shrugged.

"He's not one to just leave like he did, not without a hint" Zane said

"What went on last night? At the place?" I asked.

"You saw him last night?" Todd asked.

"He hasn't gone anywhere! He's probably just sitting at home because he decided not to come to school today. Nothing happened last night, except us pissing each other off like we always do. Difference is I sucked it up and came to school while he played sick and stayed home. God!" She said, slamming her hand down on the table.

We were all silent as she stood and walked away from the table.

"Al! Wait!" I called, grabbing her hand. She ripped it back.

"Not now Heath" She said. I grabbed her hand again, causing her to turn to me.

"Al, talk to me" I begged.

"Not now" She said, shaking her head and walking off.

I had no idea where she was going or what was even going on but it made me mad. Mad at her for not telling me, mad at Scott for putting her in this mood and mad at the others and myself for badgering her into walking off.

"Where is she going?" Elton asked as he sat at the table with us.

"I don't know. She's not dumb enough to leave school so she'll probably be in gym. She's pissed though" I said, Todd snickering.

"Yeah no shit. And now we gotta deal with her next period" Todd said, pointing to himself and Zane.

"Yeah? And last time that happened you got a broken nose so leave her be. You pissed her off just now, well we all did. But you push her, she'll push back" I said.

"She lays a finger on me, I'm not going easy this time" Todd said.

"You lay a finger on her, she'll kill you" I seethed back. He knew I was right. Well she wouldn't actually kill him but she'd win the fight. She wouldn't hold back. Because now, instead of a months worth of anger against Todd, she was dealing with a semester worth of anger against Scotty.

To be honest I was actually afraid of what would happen if Todd were to piss her off again, assuming she's in as bad of a mood as we all think she is.

ALLIE:

When last period began, I was stood out on the football field as Todd and Zane, and the rest of our class, appeared.

"You're still at school then" Todd said.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I said, shrugging it off. I didn't want to wind Todd up but I also didn't want to bring up lunch today. I wanted to get class over and done with so I could disappear back to my room where I had a date with my Biology homework.