79. Famous Last Words

ALLIE:

When the final bell rang, I was more relieved than excited.

I had survived a whole semester in Florida with the boys. There had been many, MANY ups and downs but eventually we got to this point, finishing the first semester. Surviving, really.

Not only that but I had somehow turned what the boys were inside out. They were not the same five boys they were when I first started. Even Scott had changed, in a way that no one predicted.

Now I got to spend Christmas and New Years with my amazing boyfriend and his family. I had also splurged and gotten the boys each a Christmas present, Elton included.

Which is kind of funny because I never used to care for Christmas. It was a commercial holiday disguised as something for family to celebrate giving and receiving. From a very young age, I figured out it was pretty much pointless.

So to be willing to buy my friends presents and spend time with Heath's family was something I was not expecting to want to do. But here I was, cheerful for a fucking holiday I never even cared about.

I made it to the parking lot to find Heath and Zane waiting for me at my car. I had driven the three of us to school today, Zane planning on hanging out at our place this afternoon. Unfortunately Elton was going away for winter break so I couldn't even rally him into hanging out. Oh well, I'd deal with Heath and Zane. I'd done it before, there's no reason I can't do it again.

"Jesus take your damn time" Heath joked as I finally walked over to them. I simply rolled my eyes, leaned in and kissed his lips.

"I'm here now, get over it" I joked as I unlocked my car and climbed into the drivers seat.

"Can we stop and get some snacks?" Heath asked, me nodding.

"We lasted a whole semester!" Zane cheered as I laughed and Heath rolled his eyes.

"Yeah no thanks to you" He joked and I shoved him.

"More like no thanks to Scott and Todd. Those two are the biggest idiots I've ever met and I hang out with the two of you" I said, half serious but also joking.

"You've got more patience for those two than anyone else I've ever seen that's for sure" Zane said with a laugh as Heath chuckled.

"More like she's just got less patience for their bullshit" He said and I shrugged.

"Not just their bullshit, yours too" I said as I pulled into the Target parking lot, knowing this was where he would want to get his snacks from.

"Alright we'll be back" He said, attempting to climb out of the car but I grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him back.

"Woah, woah. What do you mean? I'm coming in" I said and he sighed.

"Just stay in the car baby, we won't be long" He said.

"Nice try, I'm coming in. I might have things to get as well, you don't know" I said, although I knew I was lying.

"Fine! I'm trying to find you a Christmas present and I don't want you in there looking at what I'm looking at, okay?" He said, somewhat flustered. And as much as I wanted to be mad that he had just lashed out at me, I couldn't stop the smile appearing on my face and the 'awww' sound leaving my lips.

His angry face also dropped as he rolled his eyes.

"I will be ten minutes, at the most. I'll bring you something" He promised, kissing my lips and exiting the car with Zane.

Speaking of Christmas presents, I still had no idea what to buy Scott. Or if I should even bother. I know I said I had bought them all gifts but Scott Sire is impossible to read, let alone buy gifts for.