93. All Your Fault

HEATH:

I don't know who felt the most awkward in this situation, to be honest. It was looking like a dead ass three-way tie at the moment.

There was Zane, who's best friend had just witnessed him kissing another guy. Then there was me, who had just seen these two guys who I would have sworn were not gay kissing. And then there was Elton, who was awkward enough without someone walking in on him being kissed by Zane Hijazi, one of the most popular guys in school.

The three of us sat in silence for a long time before anyone said anything. And to our surprise, the first one to speak was Elton.

"Heath, you can't blame Zane for not telling you" He said and I looked at him.

"How am I supposed to believe you didn't know already seeing as you two are all buddy-buddy?" I accused as Zane rolled his eyes.

"Don't take it out on him. Alissa was the only, and I mean the fucking only, person who knew. I mean, besides my parents" Zane explained.

"Your dad knows?" I asked and Zane nodded.

"I know you know about him abusing me, I asked Al to tell you all those months ago. Well now you know why" He said.

"Zane, I wish you would have just told me!" I said and he laughed.

"Up until you started dating Alissa, that wasn't really an option. And even recently you've just been an asshole about things. Telling you wasn't something I could just do." He said and I sighed, thinking about the person I was.

The person I was would have ignored him for the rest of my life. The person I was didn't want to be associated with someone like that. And the person I am now can't explain why that is. But I know it's wrong.

"You have a point there, I would have rejected you and that's not really what you need." I said and he shrugged.

"I guess I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, you know, after you and Alissa started dating. But I promise you 100% that Elton didn't know until I kissed him today. And yes, I kissed him." He admitted and I looked to Elton who nodded.

"Well now that that's all in the open, there's no beef between us. So I'm gonna go home to my girlfriend and you two do whatever. I'll see you guys at school tomorrow" I said, standing.

"Wait that's it?" Zane asked. I shrugged.

"I'm not going to start a fight about who you choose to like Zane. The only person who's opinion matters is yours. I know what it is now and you're still my best friend" I said as Zane stood and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you, so much" He said and I hugged him back.

"Anytime, seriously." I said as we let go.

"So are you two dating now?" I asked, purposely trying to make the situation awkward. And the blush hitting their cheeks told me I achieved that.

"We're not, I uh mean, I don't, um-" Zane stammered, Elton coughing awkwardly. As soon as Zane saw the smirk on my face, he sighed.

"You're fucking with us?" He guessed and I nodded.

"See you two tomorrow" I said, simply walking out the door.

Once I got into my truck, I sent Al a text

to: Allie ;)
from: Heath x

'Leaving Elton's now. All is well and everyone's noses are still intact x'

She didn't reply so I knew she would probably be sleeping. Or at least I hoped she would be.