50. Everything Seems Calm

At lunch, everything was seemingly normal again. Scott, surprisingly, hadn't ditched for the rest of the day and was almost pleasant with the rest of us. The others had expressed their gratitude towards Scott and I for what we had done earlier this morning and things were on the track to getting better.

Well, minus the fact that Elton keeps staring at me. In all honesty, I preferred him ignoring me. The uncomfortable stare and the not knowing his thought process was killing me.

So I stood and walked out, watching Heath stand and tell the boys something before following me.

"Hey, don't worry about him" Heath said, catching up with me and grabbing my hand

"How can I not?" I asked, turning to face him, clearly ticked off. He smiled and leaned in, kissing me.

"What was that for?" I asked, dropping my pissy attitude, like he knew I would.

"He'll come around" Was all he said, earning a sigh from me.

"You've been telling me this for two weeks now Heath, he hasn't come around yet and it doesn't look like he is any time soon" I said, finally telling him the truth into how I was feeling.

"Look, I know this is difficult for you. I've been in fights with my friends before. And I'm not talking about David, I'm talking about Zane. We've been best friends since before I joined the boys. He nearly got kicked out because of me but ultimately swayed Scott to let me join. We've fought and stopped talking for weeks, months even." He said.

"What did you guys fight over?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing that even matters anymore because we were like fourteen and fucking idiots. What matters now is that you don't get down about Elton ignoring you for two weeks. Things are calming down and he'll see that and realise he over reacted and you'll be friends again" He said and I smiled, shrugging slightly.

"I miss him but I also am beginning to realise life isn't really all that bad." I said, making him smile back at me.

"It's just frustrating me that he keeps staring at me, like he wants to talk but he won't" I muttered and Heath laughed.

"Yeah, and it's probably a good idea to have other friends. If us five are all you've got, then you're gonna wind up just like us" He joked and I let my face fall, getting dramatic.

"Oh God no, please. Anything but be like you losers!" I exclaimed and he rolled his eyes at me as the bell rang for last period.

"Come on, lets get to Art. Avery's finally stopped being a bitch to me, I don't wanna fuck it up by being late" He said.

"Our stuff is in the cafeteria, so is Todd." I said, walking back towards the cafeteria as Heath rolled his eyes, catching up to me and retrieving both our things and Todd.

"Alright, lets get this class over and done with" Todd grumbled as we walked towards the Art block.

"I can't believe a class exists where you two are ahead of me" I said, rolling my eyes.

"I can't believe a class exists that I'm passing without your help" Heath said and I laughed as we walked into the class.

"Hey Todd?" I asked when we were working. He looked to me, the three of us still sitting in the same places since Heath transferred in here.

"What?" He asked, sounding just like himself.

"Do you have any clue what's up with Scott?" I asked, him sighing.

"Why would he tell me anything?" He asked.

"Sorry, I just figured you two were close" I said.

"Yeah, well we're really good at not giving a shit about each others personal lives. You could learn something from that" He shot and I shut up.