57. The Calm After The Storm

Well I could have lived without what happened when I went to school.

Heath was right, the entire school knew about Todd and I fighting. In fact, I was almost shocked to hear someone had videoed the bulk of the fight and uploaded it to YouTube.

Which as you can imagine, Heath wasn't happy about.

"I don't see why people think it's okay to film two people clearly getting hurt and then put it on the fucking internet" He muttered in homeroom.

"Relax" I said, resting my hand on his arm.

"It's just, we're trying to put shit behind us and then this happens." He said.

"You know David can get it off in no time" I said and he huffed.

"Doesn't change that people have already seen it, or that people have probably downloaded it" He said.

"Look, stop being a party-pooper. Everything's gonna be fine with this, okay? You seriously think anyone is gonna think of messing with Todd or I after yesterday?" I asked and he sighed, nodding.

"You're right. I'm just letting it get to me" He muttered and I smiled, kissing his temple.

"Well, stop" I said and he laughed, rolling his eyes at me.

At that, Zane burst into the classroom, almost late for homeroom.

"Cutting things a little close, aren't ya?" Heath asked as he sat down.

"I know. Dad got to talking and just would not shut up." He said, rolling his eyes.

"Lecturing you no doubt" Heath said and Zane sighed.

"You don't know the half of it. Any possibility of me crashing at your tonight?" He asked and Heath began to get nervous.

"Uh, um" He stammered and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll text Cori and ask if it's okay. I have no problems, we can chill and watch some movies or something?" I suggested and Zane smiled, gratefully.

"Thanks Holt." He said. Heath looked to me.

"You seriously don't mind?" He asked and I laughed, shaking my head.

"Of course not, silly boy. Zane's your best friend and at the moment my second favourite so why not?" I asked and he grinned.

"I'll text mom now." He said, pulling his phone out and quickly typing the question to his mom. I had a feeling Cori would say yes, given how well Zane and I are getting along. But she could also say no, knowing he was the one who broke my arm that started a lot of this tension between us.

"She wants to know your thoughts" Heath said once his mom had replied. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm cool with it" I said and he smiled with a nod.

"I knew you would be but she sometimes doesn't let go so easy" He said.

"I can tell." I commented and he looked past me to Zane.

"I drove Al to school today so it might be a squeeze in Big Red" He said, referring to his truck. Zane simply rolled his eyes.

"Would you stop trying to tread on our toes? Holt and I are friends Heath." He said, speaking my mind.

"He's right, quit worrying about nothing" I said and Heath held up his hands in defeat.

"Fine! Whatever" He said, Zane and I grinning at each other.

"I think letting the two of you be friends was a bad idea." He muttered.

"Just as well it's none of your business" I said with a shrug as Zane began to laugh.