113. California Dreaming

"Dear Mr Sire" I began. I had to stop and take a deep breath which only further frustrated Scott.

"Don't do this to me Holt" He muttered.

"Sorry" I said, opening the paper fully and beginning to read again.

"Dear Mr Sire, we are pleased to inform you of your recent admission to the University of California Los Angeles!" I exclaimed excitedly. Scott sighed in what I could only imagine was relief and laughed as he shook his head.

"Scott that's amazing!" I exclaimed.

"I can't believe I just got into college" He said, still smiling and shaking his head.

"Well you actually got in a few weeks ago, but you're a pussy" I teased as Scott looked at me, almost confused.

"God, you're so fucking weird Holt. But thank you" He said.

"What for?" I asked.

"Well for starters, this" He said, taking the paper back off me.

"And then for everything else too. At the start of senior year I probably would have given two shits about where those dick heads ended up come June. But somehow you turned a 'group of friends' into an actual group of friends. I mean, we're about to all hang out for the first time since probably the start of Junior Year. So thanks, for everything" He said and I nodded.

"You're welcome. Should we go share the good news?" I asked and he sighed, opening his door.

"I guess we'd better get it over with" He said, but he was smiling. I returned it with a grin of my own and quickly climbed out of the car and walked into the place with him.

"Jeez take your time" Todd said as we finally appeared.

"Relax, we were taking care of some important business" I said as all of their eyes flickered to Scott.

"Oh Jesus Christ, not that. I got my letter from UCLA" He said and they all seemingly relaxed but looked slightly disappointed? I couldn't pinpoint it.

"And?" Zane asked, curious.

"I got in guys, we're all going to California" He said as the boys surprised me and erupted into cheers.

"I can't believe we're all actually going to college" David said, shaking his head.

"Yeah, talk about weird. I thought my mom was going to have a heart attack when I told her" Todd said with a chuckle.

"My mom was stoked but also upset. I'm spending the summer with her in Tallahassee to make up for it" Zane said.

"What about Elton?" I asked and he turned bright red. I wasn't sure if he'd taken up my offer of inviting Elton around because he wasn't there. But even the mention of him turned Zane into a blushing tomato so I guess it might be a good thing Elton wasn't here.

"He's coming with me actually. He's going to meet my mom and her family seeing as I've met his" He said, scratching the back of his head nervously as I grinned.

"How are you guys getting to San Fransisco?" Scott asked, snapping me out of my teasing state.

"That's actually a good question. We were probably just going to take my Jeep but I doubt all of our shit is going to fit in" He said.

"How about we make a road trip off it? Like all six of us? Todd has his truck, I've got the Mustang, David has his Tesla and you've got your jeep. Four cars for six people should get all of our shit to California. Then we can drop you guys in San Fran and all your stuff while Todd, Scott and I head south for LA." I suggested.