109. How To Move On?

SCOTT:

to: Scott
from: Mrs Hussar

'Have you seen Heath lately? Is he with you?'

I frowned, wondering why Cori Hussar would be texting me of all people. Why wouldn't she just text Holt?

to: Mrs Hussar
from: Scott

'I haven't seen him since second period. Maybe ask Alissa?'

It made no sense to me that she would be texting me.

to: Scott
from: Mrs Hussar

'I don't want to worry her. All of his things are gone, so is his truck and his number has changed.'

Fuck.

"Aren't you going to be happy with your friends right now?" Alissa's voice snapped me out of my own thoughts.

Don't worry Alissa? Yeah right. She needs to know.

"Yeah, not really" I muttered, still trying to make sense of the situation. Heath can't have just left, it made no sense. Especially without telling Alissa or taking her with him

"What the hell Sire?" Her voice said. I snapped my eyes up to meet hers and silently willed her to shut the fuck up. She read my expression and immediately knew something was up.

"What's going on Scott?" She asked and I soon found David, Todd and Zane all looking at me too. All four stared at me with expectant eyes. I cleared my throat slightly, trying to do this as delicately as possible.

"Heath's mom just text me. Heath's skipped town" Was what came out of my mouth.

Everyone's jaws dropped and Alissa's hand flew to her mouth as tears welled up in her eyes. Shit! I didn't want her to cry.

"Alissa-" I began but she held up a hand to stop me, before turning to the others.

"Heath went to beat someone up for that Harrison guy last night. He lied to his mom and didn't mention anything to me but I lied for him anyway. David tracked Heaths and Kian's phones for us and we went to the other side of town and heard everything he said. They threatened to hurt me if he didn't so he did." She said as Todd's eyes went wide and Zane's mouth flew open again.

"So what? The coward skipped town because of it?" Todd asked and Alissa laughed as she nodded.

"Yeah, the coward sure did" She said.

"So, are you two still together or?" Zane asked, awkwardly as I groaned. She simply laughed a pained laugh.

"Nope, not anymore. I can't believe he couldn't even come and talk to me about it" She said, clearly still pissed off at him.

"He's gone now, you don't have to worry about it anymore" I said in an attempt to make her feel better.

"The man I love just left town after fighting to protect me and you're just happy he's gone so you can have your chance? Fuck you Scott, I'm out" She said, grabbing her things and leaving.

No one said another word for a solid minute before Zane spoke up.

"What did she mean by you can have your chance? Did you make a move on her?" He asked, instantly accusing me.

"What? No!" I defended.

"He's in love with her" David supplied and I glared at him.

"Oh my god, he totally is" Todd said in realisation.