64. Don't Give Me Bullshit

The weekend came and went and soon enough it was the start of the next school week. And thanks to information I now knew, Heath was the only one who had no idea about Scott's injuries sustained early last week.

"Holy shit" Heath muttered when he finally saw Scott's face.

"Shut your damn mouth Hussar" Scott seethed and I rolled my eyes.

"Play nice" I warned the both of them.

"Sorry, it's just not very often Scotty Sire comes to school with a black eye. I was just-" Heath began, cutting himself off as Scott looked at him with a laugh.

"Just what? Curious? No shit" He said with a smirk.

"What can I say? She's a woman of influence" Heath said with a shrug, looking at me.

"I got jumped in an alley. Two on one, wasn't expecting it and wasn't ready to fight" He said. I mean, I knew he was jumped by two people. But it wasn't in an alleyway and when is Scott not ready to fight?

"Shit dude, that sucks" Heath said with sympathy. Scott simply shrugged.

"Life sucks, get used to it" He said, going back to his work.

Heath looked at me, bewildered at Scott's attitude. I simply shrugged, as though I knew nothing as to why he was in such a crabby mood. Even though Scott and I both knew I was the only one who actually knew anything.

When we were out of class by the end of the day, Todd had run off to catch his ride with David, who was leaving as soon as he got to his car. So Heath and I walked together.

"Was Scotty in a shitty mood or was it just me?" He asked and I shrugged.

"He's always in a shitty mood" I pointed out and he laughed slightly.

"I mean, I can't argue with that. But he seemed more on edge than usual. Maybe I'm just imagining shit" He said and I shrugged, kissing his jaw line, a gesture I'd become accustomed to doing.

"I think you're paranoid" I said with a laugh and he smiled.

"Yeah probably. I'll see you later this afternoon right?" He asked as we approached the carpark. I nodded with a smile.

"I'll text when I leave Zane's place" I said and he looked at me suspiciously, making me roll my eyes.

"When I drop him off, doofus" I said, kissing his cheek with a grin as I walked towards my car where Zane was waiting. His eyes weren't focused on me though, they were focused on Gabbie and Kameron Kennedy, the two of them making out somewhat viciously.

"Ignore it" I said, gaining his attention and making him jump.

"Yeah yeah, I know" He said with a grin as we got in my car and began to drive towards the place.

"Heath looked like he was in a weird mood before" Zane said and I nodded.

"Yeah Scotty's just being a dick, as usual but more than usual. But we're not sure why" I said and he nodded.

"Or at least, Heath's not sure why. I know exactly what happened" I said and Zane gulped.

"I don't know what you're talking about" He said and I pulled over, slamming on the brakes.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! You think I'm an idiot? Look at your fucking knuckles Zane and put two and two together! Oh wait, you failed math as soon as you fucking could" I seethed.

The look Zane gave me told me that wasn't what I should have done. He looked worried almost. I sighed and put my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry, I promised Scott I wouldn't chew you two out." I muttered, beginning to drive again.