91. Lying For Him

HEATH:

I sighed as I sat in the bathroom and rubbed Allie's back.

She was currently hunched over the toilet, throwing up. She claims it's just because it's that time of the month but I think she could actually be sick.

"I told you I'm fine. But I'm behind on Chemistry and I left my textbook with Elton so I need to go get it. And seeing as I'm no longer tutoring Todd today, I need to study" She said, attempting to stand up.

"Nice try Alissa, you're going to bed" I said.

"I need my book Heath!" She protested as she stood to her feet.

"I will go to his house and get it for you. You go and climb into bed and relax. Okay?" I said and she sighed, walking towards my bedroom.

"Yeah, okay. Thank you" She said and I smiled, pecking her forehead.

"You're welcome. Be back soon" I said, grabbing my coat and keys before leaving the house.

I thought about texting or calling him to make sure he was at home but then realised he's Elton and if he's going to be anywhere on a Monday afternoon, it's going to be at home studying. Even the first day back.

I chuckled to myself but that was short lived as I noticed a familiar car in the drive, Zane's jeep.

"That fucker" I muttered as I turned off my truck.

I'll admit it, I was pissed. I had asked Zane to hang out and he had said no because he had a family thing. Why the fuck couldn't he just tell me he was hanging out with Elton?

Why did he feel the need to lie?

And I know Allie wouldn't want me walking in there and making such a big fuss about it but she wasn't here and I was already walking through Elton's front door, conveniently unlocked might I add.

"What the fuck?" Were the next words out of my mouth as I saw Zane and Elton standing in the kitchen, kissing.

ELTON:

Everything happened so fast.

One minute Zane and I were talking about his grades, then he was kissing me and then all of a sudden Heath was in my kitchen.

"What the fuck?" Heath said as Zane and I looked to him.

"I-I'm sorry Zane, I don't know what came over me." I said, hoping he would catch onto the fact that I was clearly lying.

"It's okay, I guess. Just never do that to me again. Ever" He said and I nodded.

"Family thing huh?" Heath said, looking to Zane and completely disregarding the kiss. Which is remarkable considering at the moment it's all I can think about. Only because I'm more confused than anyone about it.

"I asked him to come around. I waited until your truck left school and then jumped in his car. I'm sorry" I said again, lying for Zane again.

"Yeah you two already know I don't believe you" Heath said.

"Well it's true, I asked him to come over and not let anyone else know. He obviously had to lie when you asked him to come over." I bluffed.

"Why are you even here?" Zane asked, thankfully. If he didn't start talking soon, Heath was going to see right through it.

"Al needed her Chemistry textbook and Elton has it" Heath said.

"Isn't she tutoring Todd this afternoon?" Zane asked and Heath shook his head.