39. Surprised?

When we arrived at the place, Zane, David and Scotty were waiting for us.

Scotty sitting there was a surprise but like Heath said, I had told him how it was and obviously gotten to him. I smiled at the small victory before sitting down on the couch.

"So what's this about?" Scott asked.

"Hold on, we're still waiting on Todd" I said, the others snickering.

"Todd's not coming. Not after lunch today" David said, attempting to address the elephant in the room.

"Don't be so sure" I said.

"You're crazy Holt." Scotty muttered, shaking his head. At that point, we heard the sound of someone entering the place and soon enough Todd walked into view.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked, looking at the other three on the couch. Their mouths hung wide open and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks for coming" I said, addressing Todd. He grunted and sat on one of the stools of the breakfast bar.

"Hurry the fuck up Holt, you're damn lucky I even showed up. Blackmailing bitch" He said, the last part being under his breath.

"If you don't sort that damn attitude out then you can fuck off right now. You're here out of your own curiosity." I said, not missing a beat and turning to the others.

"Who the hell are you and what have you done with Alissa Holt?" David asked with a nervous laugh.

"I'm the exact same as I always was. You're all just pissing me off a little more and I'm at a place where I couldn't give two shits what you think." I said with a shrug.

"Can we know why we're here?" Zane asked and I nodded, getting back to the task at hand.

"Contrary to popular belief, you guys aren't idiots" I began, the five of them groaning and looking at me, knowing I couldn't resist that comment.

"Look, we know you know something's going on. It's obvious" I said, pointing to my black eye.

"Yeah no shit" Todd grumbled.

"And I, for some reason, trust you guys enough to know what's going on." I said, making the three who didn't know soften. They have probably done everything to get me to not trust me yet I was about to let them in on this. To be completely fair, they probably don't think what's going on is such a big deal. But here we go anyway.

"The weekend after Heath and I got together, we went to Tallahassee for the weekend. Nothing happened, not that you're thinking of. We just had to escape everything because I had been pissed off by you all, you guys were out to get me and all that shit. But little did we know everything was going to get worse." I said, laughing to try lighten the mood slightly.

Which obviously didn't work. I sighed and continued my story.

"We came back on the Sunday night and that was when I was awoken at 3 am to my parents yelling. I listened in and heard them saying things about taking me in and stuff. That was when I called Heath and got Scott's number. I went over and stayed with Scott but I didn't tell anyone what happened. Then just before you all found out we were dating and Scott asked me to join, Heath made that comment about dysfunctional families." I said. I hadn't even gotten into last night but they all looked somewhat shocked.

"So, you're adopted?" Zane asked and I shrugged.

"What happened to you? Who beat you?" Todd asked. I looked to him. This was not curiosity that I could see on his face.

He looked concerned almost. Like he actually cared for me.

I sighed before continuing.

"Last night I hung out with Heath at his place and had dinner and shit then I went home. I walked through the door and was attacked by my older brother who knew I had heard my parents the other night. He confirmed that I was taken in and that he finally didn't have to pretend to like me anymore. He was the one who punched me. I screamed for Scott who came and grabbed me and drove me to Heath's. Heath's mom and dad offered me a room and today I met with the cops. They're going to talk to my parents about me living with the Hussar's for the rest of the year." I said.