65. Unsettled

As time went on, the weather began to get colder as the promise of winter approached.

Or at least as close to winter as you can get in Florida. It was so hot here that a cold winters day would be considered like 61 degrees, which is nothing when you've lived in Minnesota before.

So you can imagine everyone's surprise when I continued to wear shorts and skirts to school.

"Aren't you freezing?" Heath asked me one morning, as we drove to school. I laughed with a shrug.

"No? It's 63 degrees outside!" I said as he sat in his coat and jeans.

"Oh you're not seriously cold are you?" I asked, biting back a laugh.

"No! Shut up!" He said, shoving me slightly.

"No fair, I can't hit you while you're driving" I huffed and he laughed, swinging his truck into the school parking lot.

The others weren't waiting for us, which I expected as they thought it was the coldest day of the year. I simply rolled my eyes as we walked towards the school building.

"You're all pathetic" I mentioned as Heath, Zane and I sat down in homeroom.

"Why?" Zane asked, Heath shaking his head.

"She doesn't think it's cold" He explained and Zane looked at me, eyes wide.

"Seriously? I way 250 pounds and I think it's cold." He said and I shrugged.

"I lived in Minnesota and then New Jersey before moving here" I explained and Zane nodded.

"Makes sense. Where haven't you lived?" He asked with a laugh and I laughed too, because I had moved every year since I was born pretty much.

"Yeah yeah, I've lived a lotta places. And what, you two spent your entire lives in Florida?" I asked and they looked at each other before nodding.

"We all have, except David." Zane mentioned.

"Oh? And where did David move from?" I asked.

"Chicago" Heath said and I nodded.

"So he'll know this isn't cold" I said and Zane laughed.

"You're talking about the guy that managed to get away with wearing skinny jeans in gym class when we were in freshman year. David doesn't care if it's 100 degrees outside, he wears jeans." He pointed out and I huffed.

"It's not cold and I'll prove it to you" I said, shaking my head and shrugging out of the thin cardigan I had been wearing.

"You're nuts" Heath said as I sat comfortably in my shirt and skirt.

I shrugged and flashed a grin at him.

"Problem?" I asked and he sighed, me smiling again.

"Didn't think so" I said with a wink as the bell for first period went. It was Monday so that meant Chemistry for me, David and Elton.

Although something was odd about class today.

As I walked in, I noticed Kameron Kennedy sitting in my seat.

"What the hell?" I asked as I approached.

"Johnson" Was all Elton answered. He was sitting in his normal seat so I went for the one next to him, looking at David who was also confused.

"Miss Holt, that seat is Mr Dobrik's, yours is next to Kameron" Mr Johnson's voice came and I gulped.

"What the fuck?" I whispered as David slipped into the seat next to Elton.

"I have no clue" David whispered and Elton shrugged.

"Me neither." He said and I sighed, slipping into the seat.

"Whatever" I said, pulling out my things.

"You're Alissa, right?" Kameron's voice came. Which freaked me out at first because I had never heard him speak.

"I'm not one to make friends with. Surely Gabbie told you that" I said with a fake and sarcastic smile.

"Who said Gabbie rules me? I rule myself" He said with a wink, instantly making me uncomfortable.

"Stick to Gabbie, she's more your type" I said and he laughed.

"And what type would that be?" He asked, acting somewhat flirtatious.

"Stupid" I said with that same sarcastic smile.

I heard David and Elton snicker, Kameron whipping his head around and glaring at them.

"Hey buddy, give me shit all you want but don't bring them into it. Ever" I said, grabbing his shoulder and whipping him around to see me.

"Damn Holt, I like a girl who takes control" He said, biting his lip. I rolled my eyes.

"I hope you like a girl who can get your ass kicked, because you know I can make it happen" I said and Kameron snickered.

"Heath Hussar wouldn't touch me, not knowing what I know" He said, with yet another unsettling wink.

Of course Kameron had me intrigued. I'm nosey and I know it.

But I wasn't going to let him know that, no fucking way. I simply smirked, checking over my homework.

"I wasn't talking about Heath. Surely you heard about what happened to my friend Todd" I said, watching his face drop slightly. Not noticeably enough for anyone to notice, but I saw it. I smiled to myself, happy to have put him in his place.

Thankfully he wasn't able to attempt and charm himself out as Mr Johnson had begun the class.

But of course, Mr Persistent had to try.

Soon enough, Kameron had leaned in a little closer to me, his voice nothing more than a whisper.

"I think you've got me wrong darling, I'm all about smart girls" His voice said, sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm far too smart for you" I said with a smile and he raised an eyebrow before smiling his side smile, something I had picked up as a fuckboy thing, based on how many times I had seen Scott and Todd smile like that.

"Oh? And how would you know that?" He asked with that lip bite that made me oh so mad.

"Because I'm not dumb enough to fall for your tricks and I never will be" I said, looking back to the front. I had foolishly allowed my left arm to hang between us as opposed to having it on my desk. So it was a prime opportunity for him to grab my somewhat weakened left wrist, making me wince in pain.

"I think you are a little stupid Alissa Holt. A smart girl would know not to resist me" He hissed, releasing my arm and going back to his work.

I simply sat in my seat, wide eyed and wishing I could talk to David or Elton or anyone about this. Instead I sat, completely dumbfounded and a little scared in all honesty.

And I thought Scotty Sire had an attitude problem.

Kameron Kennedy makes Scott look like a fucking angel and that unsettles me greatly.

KAM IS AN ANGEL IRL SO THIS HURTS

Also apologies for very late update but the last our days o my life have been; stress, travel, stress more, travel more, stress even more, drink, stress the most and in that order. But it's here now!

And there is more stress and travel to come oh boy, life is really shit at the moment.

BUT ITS OKAY BECAUSE I UPDATED AND IM LIVING FOR THIS STORY ATM